Respected Contributor

Re: Making a Haircut Appt...1st One Since 3rd Week in Oct 2020

I thought I was staying home a lot but wow. I had no idea some have not been to a hairdresser in a year. 

Honored Contributor

@Lali1 wrote:

I thought I was staying home a lot but wow. I had no idea some have not been to a hairdresser in a year. 

@Lali1 Me too!  I go every 6 weeks and feel so much better....I'm going again over the weekend.  I feel safe and always make sure I take my vitamins D3, K2, C, zinc & quercetin plus B complex.

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Another new name Sue wrote:

I'm stressing out a bit over my hair.  After years of regular color/cut but no haircut since February 2020, the hair is now ponytail style with lots of grey.  My beautician keeps calling me (which is slightly annoying), but I'm not ready to go in yet.  If I get a haircut, I'll have to go in AGAIN in 4-5 weeks or go back into that miserable growing out phase. 

We are seeing better virus numbers here in So. CA, but that could change overnight.  I'm not ready to return to the beautician and really don't want to talk to her about it. I'm fond of her and miss our chats, and I'm sorry if she's struggling financially.

Safety is more important to me at this point than hair.

@Another new name Sue, I'm in a similar situation. But amazingly, I don't mind. I occasionally trim my ends so as to keep it a little shorter than shoulder length. My hair is very curly, which can allow for less precision on my part. :-)

I'm about one-quarter gray now. I just don't think that I will go back to getting my roots (more than roots now) done.

I'm actually considering never going in again. My stylist kept the same price as the one I used at the shop before she left, so I was getting a bargain at $100 every five or six weeks for trim and roots -- the going price where I live is much, much higher

Still, it's a nice bonus to keep.

I should have added the the $25 tip as well.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lali1 wrote:

In my county, hair salons have mostly been closed. I believe that they are open now but under strict restrictions, including no more than 25 percent capacity.

@Lali1 and @haddon9 

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I got my first haircut since November yesterday.  Because of a foot injury I was unable to walk for several weeks.  Went to Great Clips, had a coupon for a $9.99 haircut and am very happy with the results.

Esteemed Contributor

I've had three cuts this past year.  Last time I went in, I shampooed it myself beforehand and my stylist cut it dry.  I have fine hair and it worked well.  Minimized my time in the chair and cost less.  I'll do it again.

Cogito ergo sum
Esteemed Contributor

I've got y'all beat! I have not had a haircut since 2018!

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

I have not had a "real" haircut since January 2020.  By real I mean shampoo, cut and style.

I did go to Great Clips in September for just a trim off the back length, no layers, no bangs.  She spritzed it with a water bottle and that was it.  

I just don't trust anyone to do more than a trim.  If I want to go back to the way I used to wear it I will go back to the salon I went to before all this.

It's all one length now and I don't need bobby pins or elastics to pull it back into a claw clip and it's so much easier this way.  

Honored Contributor

@Meowingkitty 

I had a wedge...in the 70's.  To this day it's still my husband's favorite cut on me.

Honored Contributor

I wear bangs/fringe and they're fairly long, like down to my eyelash long.  I've been cutting my own for decades.  I gather them between my fingers, pull them straight out, twist them tightly and cut off what I don't want. And then cut into the bangs for a choppy.uneven look.  I was thisclose to trying to cut my top layer (it would have not gone well Smiley Surprised) when I discovered the Big Sexy Hair Powder Play.  Life changing!