Super Contributor

Re: Makeup sales girl using same blush brush on everyone......and me !!!

This post is funny!!

Trusted Contributor

If I sample things on my face from a cosmetics counter, then I am asking for everyone else's bacteria on my face - no surprises there.

Respected Contributor

On 5/8/2014 evelomaddict said:

did you say anything while you were there?

I couldn't agree more. No one can force us to do something we don't want unless there's a deadly weapon involved.

Respected Contributor

I wouldn't lose any sleep over it!

Hyacinth

Super Contributor

On 5/8/2014 hyacinth003 said:

I wouldn't lose any sleep over it!

Hyacinth

Yes, do not worry about it until huge oozing sores start appearing on your face.....
Super Contributor

Free Gift With Purchase = Ebola

Super Contributor

I learned my lesson years ago when I let a saleswoman apply eye liner and ended up with a case of conjunctivitis that evening. I never allow anyone to apply anything to my face after that nightmare. I don't even sample makeup unless it is sealed. I read once that makeup displays are just a breeding ground for bacteria.

Respected Contributor

On 5/8/2014 Trix said:

It's a good story and I'll let any counter person who wants to tell it stick to it, but the brushes can't possibly be cleaned properly after each use without being wet. The MAC brush cleaner is not a dry cleaner. It does wet the bristles. I would like to see the companies provide the small cheap brushes they put in their blush compacts to use as test brushes. They could have hundreds of them which could b cleaned in batches throughout the day, or better yet discarded. This wouldn't be a lavish expense for cosmetic companies which make billions of dollars a year as those compact brushes only cost them cents -- not dollars-- to make.

For counter testing purposes using a cotton ball or sponge to place color on the inside of your wrist (usually your lightest spot); and the top of the hand (the darkest) will give you an good idea of how a color will work on your face. I've never tested blusher or eyeshadow at a store counter any other way.

You use a paper towel, put some Brush Cleanser on it, wipe the brush back & forth until the towel shows clean. The Brush Cleanser cleans, sanitizes & conditions the brush & dries within a couple of minutes. Ready to use again. They wash the brushes at the end of their shift & lay them out to dry until the next shift.

Trusted Contributor

Here's a document (PDF file) with Nordstrom's cosmetics vendor expectations.

www.nordstromsupplier.com/Content/sc_manual/Cosmetics/Cosmetic_Vendor_Hygiene_Standards.pdf

Contributor

Oh my! That's why I dont go to make up counters.And if I do,I just let them test it on my wrist. It's quite unsanitary to use the same brush on different people because that other person might have a touch of acne or a skin problem that you could easily end up getting and I'm sure you don't want that. Even if that person has an abrasion on their face infection could be in it.