Super Contributor

Re: Makeup sales girl using same blush brush on everyone......and me !!!

On 5/8/2014 Caffeina said:

Here's a document (PDF file) with Nordstrom's cosmetics vendor expectations.

www.nordstromsupplier.com/Content/sc_manual/Cosmetics/Cosmetic_Vendor_Hygiene_Standards.pdf

That is good to know ! Ought to take a copy to Nordstrom's and sit and watch for about an hour and see how many violations they make, then talk to the manager. Be great if it would really help prevent further problems !!!

Thanks for posting this information !

Respected Contributor

I had m/u done professionally when I was a matron of honor. It was a gift from the bride.

I got a severe viral conjunctivitis; I was lucky. The opthamologist I saw said I could have lost my cornea. The gift that kept on giving.

Honored Contributor

I would never let anyone use their makeup brushes on me. Contact dermatitis, etc. Using fresh cotton pads instead of brushes is much better. Still, I'd have them apply it on my inner wrist, and then hold my wrist to my face. Just to see which color is best for me.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

p.s. I bring my own combs and spray water bottle to my hairdresser for trims. I'm allergic to all of those hair products, etc. Their scissors are bad enough.........LOL...........I just might buy professional scissors and bring those with me............

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

On 5/8/2014 Dusty1 said:

That MA with the hot pink hair had cleaned the brush before she put it in her brush belt. Mac artists clean their brushes with the Mac Brush Cleanser after each use.

I use that same cleaner after each cream blush use on my stippling brush. It gets all blush off the brush. Every last bit. I'd bet the brush was very clean.
Contributor

On 5/8/2014 Remee said:

www.nordstromsupplier.com/Content/sc_manual/Cosmetics/Cosmetic_Vendor_Hygiene_Standards.pdf

That is good to know ! Ought to take a copy to Nordstrom's and sit and watch for about an hour and see how many violations they make, then talk to the manager. Be great if it would really help prevent further problems !!!

This sounds like an excellent use of your time. Be sure to carry your cosmetics cops badge!!
Respected Contributor

On 5/8/2014 mima said:
On 5/8/2014 sidsmom said:

Unfortunately the entry door handle you used to enter the store, has more oogy on it than that blush brush. I don't understand the makeup counter. Why put it on me when I can see the color in the container? I'm a big girl...I can figure it out.

Sometimes makeup goes on a totally different color than it looks like in the container.

It is easy to put blush on with a new clean giant cotton ball. It might not be as good as a brush, but at least it would be cheap, clean and disposable.

That sounds like a really good idea. Even though it's not a blush brush, a cotton ball is a little fluffy like a blush brush and it might still work.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Super Contributor

On 5/8/2014 patty said:
On 5/8/2014 Remee said:

This sounds like an excellent use of your time. Be sure to carry your cosmetics cops badge!!

And when the cosmetics counter shuts down, we can thank you.

Super Contributor

On 5/8/2014 hope-Q said:

I was in Nordie's today looking at MAC products, and found a particular blush that I liked, but it was different that what I normally wear. The store was packed, no room to sit at the counters, so I was just standing by the display case.

A sales clerk with very hot pink hair, hot pink eyebrows, eyelashes, blush, eyeshadow, mascara, lipstick,nails, and blush, although busy, did come over to help me, and I told her I liked the color and she offered to test it on me.

She DID take a Kleenex and wiped out the blush but THEN proceeded to dab the brush in the powder and put it all over my face. (It was too orangey, so I told her I thought it a little dark for my complexion, and I must think it about for a while. So I left.

What concerns me is that she took the Kleenex to wipe out the blush, but just whipped out a brush from her pockets , which she uses on every lady there, and proceeded to dabble it all over my face. I was stunned !

Don't they use Q-tips or something disposable to apply makeup, because it goes on so many people. Obviously the brush was just caked with heavy product. I thought they couldn't transfer them to other people at will. I watched her do this repeatedly.

What a horrible way to spread germs and bacteria !

I would never buy from her in my life !!

Is this the normal procedure these days?

Beauty So Clean is a sanitizing system that make up artists use to clean makeup and makeup implements and brushes between clients. They have sprays, wipes, etc. to sanitize everything. They use it for photo shoots, runway shows, and TV and movie sets.

Super Contributor

Funny . . .
On 5/8/2014 Happy Elizabeth said:

Free Gift With Purchase = Ebola