Honored Contributor

Makeup sales down 22% according to CNN

I'm doing my part.  How about you?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Makeup sales down 22% according to CNN

Many times I would go out with no make up - early morning food shop, things like that.  Hid behind my dark sunglasses, even in the rain.  But I always wore lipgloss/stick.  Now with masks, I stopped doing that.

I can't wait to use an eye pencil and wear mascara!

Honored Contributor

Yes, I'm still purchasing.  Make up sales being down makes sense since so many ladies working from home.  I imagine it's temporary while we're all not wearing as much makeup these days.  I miss wearing makeup! 

Respected Contributor

I haven't worn make up in years, I mean years.

I have great skin, good skin tone/color, and not lined like a road map - so I just use good products for moisturization and call it a day. 

the bad part is I pert near forget HOW to put it on nicely when I have an event to go to...

It's a challenge with older eyes and an outta practice hand!

Respected Contributor

@depglass I am a minimalist, lips and mascara only.  However I am a "fool" for shampoo and conditioner products!  Hair is my crowning glory.

Respected Contributor

I rarely wear makeup since the isolation began. A few times, I have worn CC, eyeliner, brow pencil, and blush.  Afterall, I needed to look nice to pickup my Wal-mart groceries from the car!  Smiley LOL No eyeshadow, no mascara. I am not fond of removing mascara I suppose.

I haven't bought any makeup in the last three months, but I do have iT Tightliner coming next week on AD.  Also I have a Tweek'd AD coming in May, but this does not count as makeup.  

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

Yes, I'm still purchasing.  Make up sales being down makes sense since so many ladies working from home.  I imagine it's temporary while we're all not wearing as much makeup these days.  I miss wearing makeup! 

@San Antonio Gal 

Me, too! Not as much since I'm not running out, but I am still purchasing the items that I am running low on.  The other day I did an almost full face of make-up.  Everything but eyeshadow itself...just a little BM Well Rested as an all over eye color.  It felt great!  I'm about at the point that I'm going to do that everyday; I don't care whether or not anyone sees me.  I just feel better when I'm more "put together".

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@SurferWife  - You were finally able to get your hair done, right?  I bet you feel great!!

Honored Contributor

Yes!  Both hair & waxing (that in itself made me feel like a new woman)!  I'm getting my nails & pedicure done tomorrow, so I'll definitely feel back to normal then.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

When I do go out...I have a mask and a Face shield.  Why would I put makeup on😄