Trusted Contributor

I love tarte Rainforest of the Sea Deep Dive CleansingGel (A339843), but I think it's a little pricey.  Is here soemthing else more affordable that works like this?  I do not like Purity (burns my skin and eyes) and I always follow my makeup remover with a gentle cleanser (cerave) but prefer soemthign to sans skin with to remove even eye makeup.

Ive also used micellar water for several years but tired of going through so many cotton balls... would prefer a creamy ke gel makeup removing cleanser that is relatively inexpensive.

suggestions appreciated!  Otherwise might go for the supersize on their website for $36... will pricey as I pay $10 for my cerave gentle cleanser and feel there would be another drugstore option under $20...

Respected Contributor

Re: Makeup removing cleanser?

I use Shea Moisture Pure Argan Oil (I get it at Ulta when they have BOGO 50% off) to break down my makeup. 

I just massage it around & it breaks down mascara, eyeliner, longwearing makeup, etc.

Then I use FAB Face Cleanser to clean my face.

My face is very picky about what I use on it & this is gentle & fairly inexpensive.

Honored Contributor

I use CeraVe cleansers. I use one pump of the foaming version mixed with one pump of the hydrating version. I do this because one is too drying, but cleans well, and the hydrating one is not really a good makeup cleanser, yet hydrating. Mixed together, I think they make a perfect cleanser for me.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@Mrsq2022- I use Cetephil Gentle Foaming Wash to remove makeup followed by Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser. 

Honored Contributor

I am loving the campenelli make up remover towels!! I use them first to take off the surface junk then use my Mia and feel I really get a clean face. Seems like my night skincare goes on better too. Been using them for a couple weeks and have noticed a real difference. However, I do like Skinn and PTR cleansers too.

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee@San Antonio Gal@Dusty1 You suggestions are right up my alley. I loved the micellar water to remove makeup because it is gentl and effective.  I may pickup the foamin cetaphil today and use that before my cerave.  My skin is alittle oily and I find that when I don't do the extra makeup removal step, I get clogged pores.

i fought an oil cleanser from Trader Joe's but it not only did not remove my eyemakeup, it is also fragranced and did not rinse well after cleaning with my cerave so I would not recommend.  A nice argan or even jojoba will wash off better with a cleanser so might try that method again too.  Great tips and thank you!

Respected Contributor

@Mrsq2022 I use Cetaphil as well, but I use the Normal to Oily skin formula. At 63, my skin is still oily. This removes all my makeup (even mascara & other eye stuff), and doesn't leave my skin feeling stripped. I should say...I don't use any waterproof makeup. Don't know how it would work on that.

Honored Contributor

@Mrsq2022 I use the Lancôme Crème Radiance clarifying cream to foam cleanser in 4.2 Oz. tube. A little goes a long way & it also removes mascara off of the lashes too. It is gentle & doesn’t sting either. Any mascara missed I use some Lancôme Bi-Facil cleanser with a cotton ball.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@Mrsq2022  Check out Acure Organics.  There are several options.  Or check out Neutrogena at the drugstore.  Acure has their own website and you must spend $25 for free shpg.  Also, Target carries Acure and so does iherb.com

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I use micellar water and Beekman facial wipes. The only makeup I wear is Benefit Cheek and Lip stain/tint so I find that those two things together do a good job removing makeup. For rare times when I had blush, eyeshadow, and mascara, Avon Cold Cream cleanser.