Frequent Contributor

Makeup remover/cleansing cloth?

I am going to be traveling next month. I want to pack very light. Is there a towelette that would remove both my waterproof mascara & cleanse my face so I don't need to bring bottles of stuff? Thanks ladies!
Honored Contributor

Re: Makeup remover/cleansing cloth?

I'm also considering these, if I get the Foreo Luna and have to remove makeup before doing my real cleansing. The Simple brand and ELF brands each seem to get some good reviews and are supposed to be able to remove waterproof mascara.

Honored Contributor

Yes, but I can't recommend them alone if you're going to be gone for more than 2-3 days. If I use only pre-packaged towelettes for more than a few days at a time, I get breakouts. None of them do a real deep-down cleansing of the pores. Also, you need to use multiple wipes for full makeup and mascara, so one fat package of wipes or two smaller packages might take up the same space as one bottle of micellar water, which may work a little better.

Depending on how many stops you're making (traveling and staying in one place versus traveling to many countries all over Europe, for example), you may be be better off buying a cleanser at your destination.

Regular Contributor

Zebsmon- My HG is the EL Longwear Makeup towelettes. First I remove foundation, then to remove waterproof mascara I hold it on each closed eye for a minute then gently wipe. The only brand it doesn't take completely off is the Diorshow mascara. Doesn't dry my skin or irrate my eyes.

There are alot of drugstore towelettes that i would use on foundation, but that irritate my eyes. HTH and have a good trip, Rose

Honored Contributor

On 2/6/2014 ChynnaBlue said:

Yes, but I can't recommend them alone if you're going to be gone for more than 2-3 days. If I use only pre-packaged towelettes for more than a few days at a time, I get breakouts. None of them do a real deep-down cleansing of the pores. Also, you need to use multiple wipes for full makeup and mascara, so one fat package of wipes or two smaller packages might take up the same space as one bottle of micellar water, which may work a little better.

Depending on how many stops you're making (traveling and staying in one place versus traveling to many countries all over Europe, for example), you may be be better off buying a cleanser at your destination.

What is this, micellar water? I've never heard of it before.

Honored Contributor

Micellar water is water with small oil molecules. It removes dirt and oil without leaving your face oily and can be used with a cotton round.

Some are really expensive, but L'Oreal and Sephora have recently released more affordable versions. (BioDerma is popular in Europe and really affordable, but almost impossible to find in the US.) Sephora calls their version Triple Action Cleansing Water and L'Oreal's is currently only available in the UK. Hopefully it will be here in the spring.

Here's a good story about micellar water.

Honored Contributor

Thanks CB!

Frequent Contributor

Thanks so much!
Contributor

Kirkland brand from costco get the job done. I use derma blend makeup and waterproof everything and they remove it all. great price also
Contributor

I just read that Neutrogena has a new jar of makeup remover pads that work great and not expensive. I read this on Total Beauty's website .... editor's picks. It has only been about a week and I haven't tried it personally but next time I'm at CVS will look for it.

Anyone try this yet?