Valued Contributor

Re: Makeup recommendations for young girl

unnamed.jpg

Here's a photo taken a few months ago. Gives you an idea of what I was talking about. Not a good shot, she's in shadow but you get the idea.

Honored Contributor

@Ceci  Why don't you discuss this with your daughter to know exactly what she will allow also.  I still would get her what she wants.  Back when most of us were that age the only option we had - both moneywise and availibity were cheap 5 and dime products.  I remember my skin burning and itching with these products but I wanted to wear makeup so... 

She is a beautiful girl.

Valued Contributor

She is very pretty . I remember being that age . Wanting makeup but not really needing it  .I think a BM kit is a great idea, a good cleanser and most importantly the BM Primer.  It will keep that beautiful skin from absorbing what ever makeup she wears.

My GD is the same age and that's what I'm putting together for her.

Honored Contributor

@Ceci wrote:

unnamed.jpg

Here's a photo taken a few months ago. Gives you an idea of what I was talking about. Not a good shot, she's in shadow but you get the idea.

@Ceci, she's adorable, but I strongly suggest not posting pictures of children on a board that can be accessed by anyone.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Occasional Contributor

My niece is 14 and the popular makeup among her and her friends is the too faced line. Peaches and chocolate bar eyeshadow palettes and peaches highlighter palette. It seems to be the popular line for that age group.