Respected Contributor

I have so much makeup and it is rediculous.   I have not wore any since March when this epidemic started.  When I leave the house I am in a mask so what would be the point.   I hate to throw it away but I doubt very seriously I will go back to wearing much.  By the time mask wearing might come to an end, it will be too old.  I used to love makeup but after not wearing it for 6 months I have felt a a since of freedom from it.  I am a senior and it had gotten to the point that it was hard or impossible to find foundation that did not sink into pores and wrinkles and make me look older.  I think today I may do some throwing away. 

Esteemed Contributor

I purged my makeup stash back in April.  I've only worn eye makeup since March when I leave the house which is not often.  I'm finding it quite freeing.  Unfortunately I think we will be wearing masks for a long time and if/when the time comes to stop wearing masks I just may not bother wearing it again.  

Super Contributor

@chiclet I have those days when I want to purge! Careful, though. I usually regret tossing something and have to re-buy it! 

Good reason to go shopping when life returns to "normal!" Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I agree!  I haven't worn any makeup since late February and I'm sure what I have will have to be tossed.  I'll need to buy all new once my daily mask-wearing days are over.  Like you, I'll only buy the bare essentials.  Definitely not as much as I have now!  I probably should go ahead and throw what I have away.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

I just purged this morning as I have been only wearing moisterizer with SPF and eyeliner since mid March.  I have some unopened tubes of Clinique CC cream which I will save until I am not wearing a mask anymore.

Honored Contributor

Re: Makeup purge

[ Edited ]

I haven't worn makeup since March except for a zoom meeting here and there.   Although it maybe awhile before things are back to normal, I'm certianly not going to throw away my makeup.

I love makeup and miss wearing it.

Trusted Contributor

Not me. I love painting my face. I am still wearing a full face of makeup everyday even though i hardy go anywhere. It makes me feel like life still goes on and it brings a normalcy to my world. People should do what makes them happy.

Esteemed Contributor

I did a purge, too but I did replace a few things with a DS dupe so I have it on hand.

Also tossed a bunch of old, kwappy brushes that I replaced with good quality ones. 

Lifts my spirits to put on a blush, eye pencil, mascara and a lip tint. Even if it's just a Zoom meeting like @San Antonio Gal mentioned or picking up a carryout order.

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

I haven't worn makeup since March except for a zoom meeting here and there.   Although it maybe awhile before things are back to normal, I'm certianly not going to throw away my makeup.

i used the time to chuck some lipsticks that didn't work for me now with my hair color change,  but once I can start wearing more makeup I will get rid of anything that doesn't work.  just not tossing because of CV

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

i used the time to chuck some lipsticks that didn't work for me now with my hair color change,  but once I can start wearing more makeup I will get rid of anything that doesn't work.  just not tossing because of CV

@jackthebear I try not to keep stuff I don't like and/or won't use too.  I think I'll have to toss a lot now simply because they are getting old, rancid, germy, etc.