Honored Contributor

Since March I have only put on foundation and blush a couple of times. I will need to get rid of all of it sometime but for now I keep holding on to it.  I have not bought any new makeup during all of this time except some eyeliner, some brow pencils, and mascara. Cat Surprised

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Super Contributor

Speaking of which....I know the guidelines on mascara but how long do you guys keep all the other things once opened.   Foundation, eye shadow, lip products, liners?

Trusted Contributor

@Squirrel Lover wrote:

Not me. I love painting my face. I am still wearing a full face of makeup everyday even though i hardy go anywhere. It makes me feel like life still goes on and it brings a normalcy to my world. People should do what makes them happy.

@Squirrel Lover This is me too.  I've worn makeup every day except for one and I hardly go anywhere.  I've been wearing makeup since my late teens so not wearing it feels abnormal.  The only time I don't wear it is if I'm sick so not wearing during this time would make me feel worse.  I've also enjoyed trying different looks that I would've stayed away from when I had to go into the office or out in public.  Some of them have been a disaster, but it is fun trying them!

Honored Contributor

@chiclet 

I did this last week and am loving the results of  decluttered vanity drawers!  I still wear makeup and am still buying it (eyeshadow palette in the mailbox as I type).  But I'm focusing more on skincare than makeup these days. My mother put a full face of makeup on evey day and at 81, still does Smiley Surprised  

Honored Contributor

I had gradually cut down on makeup before the pandemic. Since the pandemic, I've worn only lipstick, which is funny because I used to think that it didn't look good without the whole kit 'n' caboodle.

I don't think I will return to using makeup.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

@Squirrel Lover I am the same way.  I put on a full face of makeup everyday even though I only go out once or twice a week to pick something up from Starbucks or the farmer's market. I just feel better when I look in the mirror and look better.  It also helps to feel more "normal" as I've always worn makeup.  I just don't wear lipstick when I go out as of course I have to wear a mask, but I do wear it at home.

I have done quite a bit of makeup purging lately as with more time at home I felt like there were some things I had just had too long so got rid of them.  And I have bought a few new makeup items also.

Honored Contributor

I only keep multiples of my eyeshadow because I can't find another grayed taupe.

I have a new bottle of foundation with the cellophane still on it.

The rest is eye makeup except for a few bare minerals blushes.

Super Contributor

I put on makeup to walk the dog. I know that might sound strange, but it's because I wear makeup with SPF in it, and I don't wear a mask to walk the dog. I need a little sun protection, plus I do see my neighbors while I'm out there.

I have to purge about once a year, though, because I use makeup very sparingly and a lot of times it does get old before I use it all up.