Honored Contributor

I'll be 67 in August and still use foundation.  Just not ready yet to give it up.  Have been using two different tinted moisturizers recently that I really like so who knows, maybe I'll give up on the foundation at some point.  I go by the Laura Geller rule - the 3 "eyes" - eyebrow, eyeliner, eyelash and then I had some blush and lipstick or gloss.  Since my eyes are getting a bit hooded, I'm finding I don't reach for eyeshadow as much anymore.

@fairydogmother - what is the "Glamsquad?"

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Makeup overhaul

[ Edited ]

I cut down on my stuff earlier. I prefer a simple fresh look. With a tinted moisturizer. I only put bronzer in the crease with a single shadow on the lid that brightens things up. If I needed anything right now I would love to try the Laura Geller baked products but I don’t need anything. The foundation looks great. I am really liking the products that have bronzer, blush, and highlighter all in one. Can use that on the eyes too. Maybe when I finish the two tinted moisturizers I have I will try the Laura Geller baked foundation. The big compact she  has on qvc now with the bronzer,  blush and highlight looks so pretty.

Honored Contributor

I don't know that I'll ever wear foundation again when there is Fenty Skin Tint.  Now today, all I put on my face is The Orindary's primer.  It blurred and mattified.  Complexion is nice so to just go to mom's it was perfect with some pink lip tint, lashes and a swipe of a natural e/s.  Not even blush!

Respected Contributor

@fairydogmother  Which Lancome mascara do you use?  There are several listed on their website.  Thank you.

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Honored Contributor

@tucsongal wrote:

I don’t know why but it always surprises me when I see how many women still wear foundation. With such a good skin care available I bet a lot of people would look great without it, maybe with just a little concealer. 

@tucsongal If you have really sensitive skin like mine the issue is that most skin care causes more problems for me than it solves.

I have good skin in general, few if any wrinkles--that's not a problem.  The issue is my face is so prone to turning red and breaking out.  And I have been to a dermatologist, several actually, but the consensus is we can help it, but it's going to happen.

So yes, sometimes a little concealer works, sometimes not.  Great skin--just red and bumpy sometimes.   

Honored Contributor

@tucsongal wrote:

I don’t know why but it always surprises me when I see how many women still wear foundation. With such a good skin care available I bet a lot of people would look great without it, maybe with just a little concealer. 

@tucsongal  My T zone is reddish and has been for many years. I wear foundation on nose and chin so my face all looks one color.

Respected Contributor

@spent2much wrote:

@fairydogmother  Which Lancome mascara do you use?  There are several listed on their website.  Thank you.

I use the classic Definicils. Not the volumizing ones. 

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

So where I bought the Glamsquad highlight cream sticks was on www.glamsquad.com

actually QVC sold these too. So from what I can tell, Glamsquad offers professional hair and beauty services in your home. Looks like they have a number of locations. Not that I'm in any danger of spending big bucks for something like that. Haha. But they also sell products and ship them quickly. 

Harmonize the World
Honored Contributor

I am partial to tinted moisturizers or any lightweight facial product.  Your skin can see thru and nothing is heavy.  A little brown mascara for day time use and some lipstick or balm.  I also like a little blush.  That's it.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I was thinking yesterday of  getting rid of the products I never use and there is a lot of them. I am going to pack them up and donate them to a women's homeless shelter. Thank you for posting this thread.