Esteemed Contributor

Makeup on hosts and vendors that shine and glow?????

Not a regular viewer much anymore.  Happened to check in and noticed hosts and vendors had skin that seemed to SHINE.  Is there a makeup out there that has a glowing look and if so what is it.  Seems to cancel out any imperfections.   Just very curious what I missed.  I will say it looks like the younger gals wearing it.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Makeup on hosts and vendors that shine and glow?????

@bonnielu    Yes, I accidently got a tube of Illuminated It foundation and I hate the shine.  Looks like you're  sweating and need to powder your nose. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Sandra's face is often very shiny. Elise too.

Frequent Contributor

Apparently the "look" even has a name.  Shawn was asking someone on a show what it's called because she really likes it.  A couple of the younger gals knew it but I don't remember what it was.......sorry.

Esteemed Contributor

Waiting to find out what it is.  Want to get it just for fun.  Just once. I am sure it will not BE ME but I am adventurous. 

Honored Contributor

It's not always makeup.  Sometimes it's the stage lights/lighting/filters.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

It's called 'glass skin'.

What is it? It started as a Korean beauty thing a few years ago where skin is made to look clear, poreless, translucent and luminous by treating it with a variety of skin care treatments. Over there it's considered skin perfection. 

To get that look the cosmetic industry created products that give you glow and illumination...it's cheating and not the real thing as true glass skin.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bonnielu     The shiny look is not a favorite of mine.  I believe it puts emphasis on any imperfection you may have and frankly, it does not look natural.  However, that is the big buzz right now so some women go for it.  A semi-matte is much more natural looking.  Becca Cosmetics sells all that shiny cosmetics but I understand that they are going out of business.  They may still have their website.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@bonnielu    This is their light shifter dewy tint (tinted mositurizer) in 8 shades that is illuminating and dewy finish.  Yes, Becca Cosmetics will be closing down in September 2021 stopping all production.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@bonnielu   Here is an illuminating blush by Becca.  You might be able to get some products you like for at least a year.  I know ULTA did carry Becca but I don't know if they still do.

kindness is strength