Honored Contributor

Re: Makeup for Senior citizens

I agree - 58 is still middle age. 

Honored Contributor

PSX_20160523_080153.jpg 

Last summer..I like the lighter lip gloss. Very little makeup.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:
First time in weeks decided to put a full face of makeup on. Staring in the mirror not liking what I see. Explain a little back story. 58 no longer working, returned home to Lake Placid area. My lifestyle is very different than living in Hollywood. Except for work, I never wore heavy makeup nor do I now. Before the holidays ordered Tartelett Matte shadows, Very pretty love the matte finish. But! For some reason no longer like eyeshadow ?!? Learned proper application for older eyes from several beauty- Youtuber channels. Fact is! Looks odd! Can't put my finger on why? Same with deep plum lip color used to love it. Do like Doll 10 blush & contour palette. Think it's time for a change. Anyone else experiencing challenges? TIA🌷

@Sweet_Serenity

What color is your skin tone?   I just helped a neighbor adjust her makeup shades because nothing looked right.  She was wearing this harsh red lipstick that wasn't the least bit flattering!   Reason?  She liked it!   It looked TERRIBLE on her, whether she liked it or not.   We tried a softer rosy coral color and it just lit up her face ... she loves it because she looks so good!

I have a feeling that plum lipstick is all wrong for you these days.

HTH

Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse wrote:

At 60 I'm finding I have to use a lighter hand when filling in my eyebrows because defining them like I always have looks too harsh now.  I recently read Cindy Joseph's  advice not to try to replicate the brows you had in your twenties and with your eyebrows getting more sparse, to just "go with it".  I find I can't quite leave them alone completely because of the over-plucking I did in my youth but I'm trying to fill in a little less.

Also, I'm finding it more challenging getting a natural look with eyeshadow but I can't forgo it completely because I have slightly hooded eyes and need something in the crease to give me definition and depth, otherwise my eyes look "flat", if you know what I mean.  Aging just sucks... lol.

@Texasmouse

Who is Cindy Joseph?

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44

Cindy Joseph is a makeup artist turned supermodel who is 61.  You can Google her and find more information on her.  She now has her own minimalist makeup line as well.

Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse wrote:

@Tinkrbl44

Cindy Joseph is a makeup artist turned supermodel who is 61.  You can Google her and find more information on her.  She now has her own minimalist makeup line as well.

Cindy was my inspiration! For growing in my grey hair. Adore her!!
Respected Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity

Wow! Is that YOU? You certainly don't look like a "senior citizen"!

Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse wrote:

@Sweet_Serenity

Wow! Is that YOU? You certainly don't look like a "senior citizen"!

Filters do wonders! 😉
Honored Contributor

Boom! Completely forgot! Her makeup brand. Cindy's story amazing.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
She became supermodel after growing out her grey hair!! Walking down NYC street she was asked to pose. The rest is history!!! Big names! Even in Times square. Since then she helps women ajust attitude about age. We need her inspiration and message.