Honored Contributor

Re: Makeup You've Had For Awhile But Haven't Used

I check UrbanDictionary dot com whenever I see an abbreviation which I'm not familiar with. @monicakm 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee 

I usually do too

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva    I’ve been trying to be on a no buy for almost a year. (Didn’t 100% not buy😕)  I only bought a PTR nite serum big deal, mascara and one item for the beauty gift bag, last year and I still have too much.  My makeup isn’t so so bad, but my perfume and body creams and body washes I am still probably good for a couple years.  Haven’t gone to a BBW semi annual sale in two years.  (I forgot, one huge Neutrogena rain bath I got free with kohl’s cash)

I do receive beauty gifts from some family and friends as gifts.  So I always don’t feel like I’m making better progress.  Working at home three days a week, so I don’t always do full make up every day, which also slowed the process,  

With the prices of everything, up, up, up, trying to bring less of everything in so I am ok with having a few back ups.  Bringing in less “wants” vs needs.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@monicakm wrote:

@Lipstickdiva 

I also put myself in a "no buy" zone and forgot and bought Smiley Sad  But I have five Sephora returns so maybe that will help.  Sephora might put me on a "no buy" list when they get 5 items back Smiley Surprised  

I'm returning the too dark eyebrow gel from Benefit Gimme Brow, Replica's travel size perfume in Autumn Vibes,  Natasha Denona Blush Duo (horrible product), Jouer radiant translucent powder (it's straight up a highlighter) and the Milk Hydrogrip.

@monicakm I went to Target Saturday and guess what I bought?  Yep.  A lipstick.  They had several Maybelline lipsticks on clearance and one of the colors looked gorgeous and for $1.73, I couldn't resist.  Of course I'm sure the shade is probably very close to 47 others in my collection.  I'm hopeless.   

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@JudyL 

Please let us know what you think of the quality of the palette.  

@monicakm - used the Too Faced Naked Nudes palette this morning.  Used the middle grouping.  Like the shadows, very little fall out but the shimmers didn't really show up much.  Think that was operator error though - I was wanting to use a lighter shade on the lid, then a crease color, etc., and somehow ended up with more of a one shadow look, which is fine just not what I was trying to do.  I just didn't choose the right shades.  So not the palettes fault.  Will play with this  for the week and see how I feel about it.

Glad you brought this topic up because it got me to use a palette I haven't yet.

Honored Contributor

@JudyL 

I don't recall having issues with the shimmers but it's been a long time since I've used it.  You might try applying shimmers with a sponge applicator and/or with water or setting spray applied to your brush or sponge.

Honored Contributor

Yes - lots.  All bronzers and blush. 

We used to have a Cosmetics Plus chain - and when they closed up years ago - I stocked up on all my regular makeup.  I still have a box of blush and bronzers.  

Also - from other places - whenever they are on sale - I buy extras.  

Funny thing .... I was in Walgreen's the other day and saw some bronzers on sale.  Guess what i bought?

Respected Contributor

My problem with the Born This Way palette is to get the shimmers to show up they end of looking glittery.
Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA 

Guess what i bought?

I give up, what?? Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@RollTide2008 

I had to go check my BTW palette to see what you guys are talking about.  The first thing I remembered when I opened it is that I never used a shimmer/glitter shade by it's self.  It's always on top of it's corresponding matte shade.  And yes, some of them are more glittery than others.  If you don't like the amt of shimmer/glitter a shadow has,  you can tap a bit of the corresponding color on top of it.  Also try taking an eye sized fluffy brush and knock off some glitter that way.  Nothing stiff that will disturb the rest of your eye makeup.  I also use an eye primer.