Valued Contributor

Re: Makeup Remover Facial Wipes - What's your Fav?

I use the Aveeno facial wipes to remove my make up after work. I usually wash my face when I shower before bed, so I use the make up wipe to just to remove make up when I get home from work. 

I like the Aveeno wipes in the package with the plastic snap top closure. I also like the Neutogrena wipes but those dry out because the tape doesn't hold. 

Honored Contributor

For years I've used the facial wipes from Costco. Good price, work very well and leave my skin nice and soft.

Trusted Contributor

@Katcat1  Olay Gentle Facial Cleansing Cloths 

I like them because they're very moist and thick.

⚓️
Honored Contributor

I like Dimitri's (Skinn) olive and enzyme wipes.  I use Benefit's They're Real mascara and the only thing that will take that stuff off is Huggies Baby Wipes.  

Honored Contributor

CVS brand of sensiitive skin wipes.  Very reasonable and work well.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

I always like to try new products.  I like wipes that are very moist and reasonably price.  Please share your favorite and why you like them.  Cat Happy

I don’t look at a facial wipe as my sole method of cleansing.  I will use them to remove makeup but then I follow up with a true facial cleanse.  IMO, a facial wipe alone will just clean off the surface and not go deep enough to keep pores clean.  

I have used Skinn’s and Beekman’s in the past.  Then I decided I was throwing a lot of money away and stopped buying them.  I’m finishing up an assortment of pre-cleanse products that I have but will soon open my big, inexpensive box of Kirkland Micellar Wipes from Costco - 180 ct. for $16.  (They are in a few packages inside the box, not 180 altogether). They are very highly rated. 

@JeanLouiseFinch  I completely agree with you.  I started with the Beekman wipes, which were not very moist.  I went to the Skinn wipes and used those for quite sometime (still have a package that I'm finishing), but those became less moist with each purchase.   A friend recommended the Costco Kirkland wipes....   they are excellent.  They take off all make up,  even eye make up.  Then I finish with a cleanser and/or exfoliate.   I too highly recommend the Costco wipes.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The only ones I ever used are Skinn.  They came in a set of products. I do like them

When I think about wipes I always think of these things, all types of these , going into the landfills and they say they dont disintegrate,  I saw that on a news segment.

Esteemed Contributor

The only time I use wipes is when we travel.  I don't want to get my makeup on a hotel's white washclothes.  I'll  remove my makeup with the wipes, then cleanse my face as usual with my cleanser and washcloth.  

I've used about every brand out there from expensive to cheap.  Always keep a package of wipes in my "go bag."   My favorite, and the only brand I buy any more, is Walmart's Equate brand.  Perfect amount of moistness and softness for me.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Valued Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

The only time I use wipes is when we travel.  I don't want to get my makeup on a hotel's white washclothes.  I'll  remove my makeup with the wipes, then cleanse my face as usual with my cleanser and washcloth.  

I've used about every brand out there from expensive to cheap.  Always keep a package of wipes in my "go bag."   My favorite, and the only brand I buy any more, is Walmart's Equate brand.  Perfect amount of moistness and softness for me.  

Do they remove waterproof longlast eye makeup?

Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

@highmaintenancejan-- I don't wear waterproof eye makeup so don't know the answer to your question.  Sorry.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt