Super Contributor

Makeup Forever HD Foundation - anyone try?

Has anyone tried Makeup Forever's HD Foundation?  Thoughts?  I heard it is lightweight, good coverage, makes your skin look like skin - not cakey.  It is great for those with dry skin.  Has anyone found this to be true?

Respected Contributor

Re: Makeup Forever HD Foundation - anyone try?

They just came out with a newer version, so you might have to get to Sephora to check, not sure how many have tried the latest.  Reviews seem to indicate most prefer the older version - why do they mess with something people love?

Respected Contributor

i've never tried the foundation, but i love their mascara.

Super Contributor

I had the original at one time and ordered the newly launch MUFE Ultra HD, it arrived Monday. I've been testing it all week. I buy a lot of foundation, it's my thing!

It's good but it's not sweeping me off my feet. I think there are better foundations for dry skin  but I'm sure this one will work. I like it best with fingers or brush application, it's medium coverage. Skin looks beautiful, covers pores nicely, lasts through most of the work day.

I have oily skin and even with using Cover FX Mattifying Pressed powder to set it and blotting twice during the day, I still had oil break through but the foundation did not wear away which is great. If I could find a way to maintain a satin finish with this one, I would love it. 

Most of ther reviews on YT have been very positibe about the MUFE Ultra HD.

The foundation I tested before this one was the new Too Faced Born This Way which I did not like because I could feel it on my face.

Beauty blogger and YTer who loves it all! Cheers, Lulu Bea aka Lulu On Beauty - Let's be FACEBOOK beauty friends!
Honored Contributor

This is my favorite liquid foundation. I don't know if I will try the new formula because I'm happy with this one. I was able to get a perfect color match for my skin.

I have used this for quite a long time and it stays on all day and night.

Respected Contributor

Just wanted to mention Sephora has a promo code for a deluxe smple of the new Ultra HD liquid foundation.  Free w/$25 online purchase.  Promo code = ULTRAHD

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Frequent Contributor

• I've tried both formulas. I can't seem to get the right color. I always have to mix two. And it seems to make my normal skin a little oily. Does seem light though but still covers well. 
Trusted Contributor

I was in Sephora awhile ago, and couldn't get a good match for my skin with MUFE.  I thought it ran very yellow.

Respected Contributor

I've used MUFE HD for quite a few years, among others.  Not happy to hear about the new one that came out.

Trusted Contributor

I am dying to try the new formula but I promised myself that I have to get through more of my staff of foundations, bb's, cc's, etc.  Yes, I have a problem!

The reviews have been outstanding as long as you get the right color match.