Respected Contributor

Re: Makeup For A 16 Year Old

I was going to suggest gloss. Tinted lip gloss or lip balm is something they can slick on and it feels good and looks appropriate. In fact, I like it too and just got Too Faced lip balm with color. There are many kinds. Clinique is also good for this. Nude or light pink colors are popular. 

Honored Contributor

EOS glosses/lip balms are popular too.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

Too faced has some kits that have adorable packaging. They are priced. Really well depending on what your supposed to spend.
Super Contributor

@ccassaday wrote:
Too faced has some kits that have adorable packaging. They are priced. Really well depending on what your supposed to spend.

Just be aware of the mascara's name if you choose one with it.   Just say'in.   ~smiles, SnowKita

Contributor

I would go for EOS lip balm, lip gloss, or even nude eyeshadow palletes.  Maybelline and Loreal have nude eye palettes that are quite similar to the UD Naked palettes.

Honored Contributor

Teens love MAC, Benefit and Urban Decay.  But that eyeshadow and make up pallette by ELF from Walgreens would make a gift ANY teen would want.  It is FUN for them to play with colors, and experiment.  I think ELF is cruelty free, and it gets high ratings

Valued Contributor

I don't know what your budget for this is, but IT Cosmetics has a really cute holiday kit that would be perfect for a young girl. 

http://www.qvc.com/IT-Cosmetics-Je-Ne-Sais-Quoi-4pc-Holiday-Collection-with-Gift-Box.product.A266455...

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'd disregard the makeup brush gift sets suggestions. Unless you include makeup that they can be used with because she may not have makeup yet depending on her finances.

Respected Contributor

@SnowKita wrote:

@ccassaday wrote:

Just be aware of the mascara's name if you choose one with it.   Just say'in.   ~smiles, SnowKita

ITA @SnowKita,my teen DD blushes and fusses about mine.  

Regular Contributor

@SnowKita wrote:

@ccassaday wrote:

Yeah, I think I'd stay away from Too Faced for a teen. I know that I wouldn't be very happy if someone gave my teenager make-up with the names that Too Faced uses on some of their items.  I'm pretty laid back about this kind of thing, but not everyone is.  You don't want to send that kind of message to someone that age.

Walgreen's has some nice Wet N Wild sets for the holidays and they are very inexpensive.  WNW gets good ratings for their shadows, blush and lip products.  

That way you can get her a variety of items with decent quality for a low price.