Honored Contributor

Re: Makeup Experimentation Day

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@mistriTsquirrel

I've come to the conclusion that every day I wear makeup is experimentation.

Go bold

Maybe just a fancy word for cr@pshoot?

@just bee  Not a bad look.  A little heavy on the rouge perhaps.  Smiley Very Happy

@mistriTsquirrel

Well, that's what I mean! Woman LOL

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Regular Contributor

I enjoyed reading about your experience! Funny!! That's really a good way to go through your makeup stash and pitch things that don't work for you.

Honored Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

Today I decided to use a sample packet of Cotz sunscreen over my moisturizer.  It felt like a primer, so I decided to skip primer, let the sunscreen set and put my foundation over it.

It didn't look too good.

I thought, "well, I guess since this doesn't look great, I might as well go ahead and put on some of this undereye concealer I'm not sure about."

Then I looked at it and thought, "well, that looks like nothing at all.  Maybe that undereye setting powder I always forget I have will help."

I opted to use the brightest shade of cream blush I have.  Who knew it would go on so bright?  LoL

So I got out the green neutralizing powder to see if I could tone it down.

I set the whole look with a powder I rarely use and some setting spray.

Then I went to the eye look.  I have two green eyeshadow pencils I'm not sure about keeping.  I chose one and applied it.

I never realized how the right shade of green can so effectively bring out the red in your eyes.

So I decided to bust out the liquid liner to draw a black line between the green and my allergy-riddled eyeballs.

I never wear liquid liner, but I did today, and I'm glad I had the little Elf liner on hand.  It did help my eyes look better.

What an adventure!!  Not only did I have a few laughs when I was putting my makeup on, but I also realized there are a few items in my collection that may need to go.

Do you ever have days where you mess around with items that have fallen out of use?  I highly recommend it.  

@mistriTsquirrel  Sounds like a fun experience. I love to “play makeup”...feel like 12 yrs. old again. I never want to try a new look or different product when doing my makeup for the day...the horrors of starting over when in a rush!

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

Today I decided to use a sample packet of Cotz sunscreen over my moisturizer.  It felt like a primer, so I decided to skip primer, let the sunscreen set and put my foundation over it.

It didn't look too good.

I thought, "well, I guess since this doesn't look great, I might as well go ahead and put on some of this undereye concealer I'm not sure about."

Then I looked at it and thought, "well, that looks like nothing at all.  Maybe that undereye setting powder I always forget I have will help."

I opted to use the brightest shade of cream blush I have.  Who knew it would go on so bright?  LoL

So I got out the green neutralizing powder to see if I could tone it down.

I set the whole look with a powder I rarely use and some setting spray.

Then I went to the eye look.  I have two green eyeshadow pencils I'm not sure about keeping.  I chose one and applied it.

I never realized how the right shade of green can so effectively bring out the red in your eyes.

So I decided to bust out the liquid liner to draw a black line between the green and my allergy-riddled eyeballs.

I never wear liquid liner, but I did today, and I'm glad I had the little Elf liner on hand.  It did help my eyes look better.

What an adventure!!  Not only did I have a few laughs when I was putting my makeup on, but I also realized there are a few items in my collection that may need to go.

Do you ever have days where you mess around with items that have fallen out of use?  I highly recommend it.  

@mistriTsquirrel  Sounds like a fun experience. I love to “play makeup”...feel like 12 yrs. old again. I never want to try a new look or different product when doing my makeup for the day...the horrors of starting over when in a rush!

@Shanus  I sure wouldn't have done that if I was trying to get ready for work.  Makes me think of people who try a new hairdresser the day before a wedding.  Smiley Embarassed

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel, thanks for the laugh!  The only time I try something crazy is, occasionally. in the hour before bedtime.  It gets washed off quickly!

Esteemed Contributor

@ItsME wrote:

@mistriTsquirrel, thanks for the laugh!  The only time I try something crazy is, occasionally. in the hour before bedtime.  It gets washed off quickly!

@ItsME  The only problem is, if you create something fabulous and aren't sure you can replicate the look... Smiley Sad

I guess that's what "selfies" are for.  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

@ItsME wrote:

@ItsME  The only problem is, if you create something fabulous and aren't sure you can replicate the look... Smiley Sad

@mistriTsquirrel I was just thinking the same thing! 😜 Been there done that!  Maybe we should take notes.

Respected Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel LOL!  I agree!  But, usually it's some experiment with a smokey eye look, and I think my eyes and face are just too small for that.  I've yet to create something fabulous.  .... But if  I did, it's a certainly that I'd never be able to recreate it!!

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

Esteemed Contributor

@Suebdoo  @ItsME

It's happened to me before...I've made a great look and then couldn't remember how I did it later.  ::sniff::

I went awhile without doing my makeup very much, so I'm experimenting a lot these days, and you're right...I should take notes.

Everyone should.  I don't want what happened to me to happen to anyone else here, so please remember to take notes, ladies!!

Smiley Wink