Honored Contributor

I watched a video last night from Dr Idress about balms vs oils for removing makeup.  I've been using the Tatcha Oil for years.  I'm about out and have been using Naturium gel cleanser in a tube.  I liked it better than the Tatcha. Left my face feeling baby butt soft.  Dr Idress said balms are better for dry skin.  Of the balms she showed, she ranked Elemis at the top.  I chose the Glow Recipe Papaya Sorbet Smoothing Enzyme Cleansing Balm & Makeup Remover (maybe 2nd, I don't remember for sure).  

What cleansing balm or oil do you use?

Esteemed Contributor

I have been using Paula's choice oil and I find it very drying to my skin. Leaves my skin feeling very tight, like I need to slather it in tons of moisturizer. And yes, I do a second cleanse with Cetaphil gentle.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

Re: Makeup Cleansing BALMS

[ Edited ]

I've been a longtime fan of Banilla Co. Clean It Zero Cleansing Balm (pink container).  Then I finally got around to trying Palmer's Facial Cleansing Oil.  It works really well,  is easy on the budget, and the bottle lasts a long time.  Seoul Cleansing Balm was offered on HSN last week so I ordered some to have for when we travel. I'd feel safer having a solid product in my beauty case rather than risk a mishap with a bottle of oil.  For me, whatever product it is, this is the first step of my two-step PM cleansing routine,  My second step is with Vanicream cleanser. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Makeup Cleansing BALMS

[ Edited ]

Neither..I use Cetaphil cleanser ( actually, I use the store brand of Cetaphil, whether that be Publix or Walmart at times)

Honored Contributor

I much prefer a liquid cleanser that foams. 

Occasional Contributor

Love Elemis Pro-Collegen Cleansing Balm.

Respected Contributor

I've been using Purity Made Simple for years.  It seems to remove the makeup  pretty well and leaves my skin feeling nice, although I have to put on moisturizer right after, or it would feel tight.

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Super Contributor

After basically a lifetime of an agressive cleansing/exfoliation routine, mechanical and chemical, my skin finally alerted me it was time to tone it down.  I began using The Inkey List Oat Cleansing Balm to remove my makeup after work and then I go workout, followed by a shower and a more traditional gel cleanser.  I can already see the improvement. The Oat Cleansing Balm is moisturizing enough that I don't put anything on my face after washing.  It leaves it clean and supple.  No breakouts or irritation.  I'm pleased and the price point is very comfortable. ($10).

~~Keep calm and hug your pets~~
Honored Contributor

@kate2357 

Skin should never feel dry and tight.  Do you have redness too?  Have you thought about using something different?

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch 

Traveling (spillage) was one of the selling points for a solid.  I only use a cleansing balm when I'm removing makeup making my cleansing process a 3-step one.  Tatcha Rice Polish is the last step.