Valued Contributor

Makeup Brushes - synthetic vs. natural

I wanted to share a very informative video I just watched by a Scottish youtuber named Mrs. Ginger (Mrs Gingers Beauty Channel).  She does an excellent job sharing the pros and cons of both natural and synthetic makeup brushes.

I really love her videos.  She does a lot of research on products and I enjoy llstening to her lovely accent.

Honored Contributor

Re: Makeup Brushes - synthetic vs. natural

FYI -- it's a half hour and change long this video.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@Swedishmiss,Thank you SO much for posting this!  What a truly lovely lady!

In the last few days I posted I have been "very unhappy with my Chanel blush brush which really isn't all that soft" and I had mashed it to death trying to get it to perform.

I have already looked on the Makeup Forever site.  

Many thanks!

Honored Contributor

I don't know what mine are ... but I bought them from Avon years ago.  They've been washed a lot ... still look as good as the day I got them.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

With synthetic taklon nylon makeup brushes, be careful not to use extremely hot water to wash them as the bristles can melt or change texture and wreck the brush. I have one of those Real Techniques silicone cleansing mats and wrecked a foundation brush by using really hot water with the mat. The rough back and forth motion and really hot water wrecked the bristles.