Respected Contributor

Re: Make your own shade of lipstick

Oh PLEASE! With so many, many lipsticks on the market, I have better things to do & worry about! I've seen this store and again I DON'T CARE ABOUT making my own!! Life is toooo short!!!!

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

You can follow Antonella's instructions they were running over Christmas on the Q when they were off-air.  I think it's on YouTube.  Basically, melt two colors and mix them together.  You have to have a lipstick mold, but she says they're sold everywhere.

I just layer lipsticks to get a color I like.  

Good morning, @Icegoddess. I don't use lipstick molds. I save the metal tins from lip balms, melt 2 shades of lipstick, sometimes add a little Burt's Bee's balm, melt in glass measuring cup in microwave and pour into the tins. I refrigerate for a few hours before using. I use the same method to just tint my lip balms. 

@Shanus yes, I have thought of that, but then you need to carry a lipstick brush around with you to apply it.  

@Icegoddess   I use my pinky finger. That's one reason I add a little lip balm. I like not having a thick coat of lipstick, but rather a stain. 

Respected Contributor

WHY?  I saw the host here doing that in her XMas video and thought no thanks!  I have too many lipsticks now that I need to use up....NO MORE and no way am I making my own anything LOL

Honored Contributor

@tsavorite wrote:

WHY?  I saw the host here doing that in her XMas video and thought no thanks!  I have too many lipsticks now that I need to use up....NO MORE and no way am I making my own anything LOL

@tsavorite   Maybe it's just the fun, artistic side of me. It's like mixing paint colors. I'm always looking for a project that's enjoyable and quick.