Respected Contributor

I have a very old (but good) double sided, make up mirror. I'm worried it's about to bite the dust. Any suggestions?? Doesn't matter if it's from QVC, & I'm not crazy about the Floxide mirror(or whatever it's called). I want a good, large mirror (double sided, due to old eyes,lol).

Honored Contributor

Funny you started this thread.  I just bought one from Target online.  Mine has a light and it's oval and two sided.  One side regular mirror and the other is magnifying.  Can't wait to get it.  They had a nice selection and Walmart was not bad either.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Amazon has a wonderful selection different price ranges. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Make up mirror

[ Edited ]

My favorite double sided mirror, regular side & 10x side is so old, more than 10 years, that the glue that holds the mirrors on started giving way on both sides. One side almost fell off one day.Tried gluing it but worried it wouldn't hold so I now have both sides scotch taped onto the frame. I have a couple more that are regular and 10x but none as perfectly sized or as perfectly clear as this one so I dread the day something bad happens to it. I've checked out what they have on Amazon, and they do have quite the selection but I need to be able actually look into them to make sure they're perfectly clear, no distortions and many times have looked at myself in the ones at BB&B as well as CVS & Walgreens. Nothing compares to my old one. So I hear you about having a favorite that is just right.

Esteemed Contributor

Bed, Bath and Beyond has a huge supply of magnifying mirrors in their stores.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

ZADRO makes some very good quality mirrors. They are top-rated.

Honored Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

Bed, Bath and Beyond has a huge supply of magnifying mirrors in their stores.

@tototwo  It’s frightening to look into the highly magnified side, but necessary for tweezing and epilating, etc. Just remember no one else, thank God, sees us that close up!

Esteemed Contributor

I purchased a Conair at BBB. It works grea! I had wanted a Flxoite but the price was too high for my budget.  I checked them all side by side and am happy with my Conair. I sued a coupon. It also has a smaller foot print which was improtant to me. I don't have counter space for anything too large.

Esteemed Contributor

@shaggygirl

You need a special adhesive  for mirrors. It's called Mirror Mastic, this won't  effect the silver in the mirror  finish. Available  at Lowe's  Home Depot..

Zadro makes very nice mirrors. Check costco  on line for pricing. They're  not  cheap. As we get closer to the holidays,costco in store has had nice mirrors for around twenty bucks. I picked up 10x/1x  doubled sided mirror last year with natural lighting. It's not a bad mirror. Nothing as good as Zadro but there's a big difference  in price. I have a 7x/1x  Zadro purchased at BBB years ago for well over a hundred dollars before their 20% coupon. It was a big investment for me. I still use it but sadly need more magnification these days. Check costco pricing...much, much cheaper

Esteemed Contributor

Thank You for that info rochelle S!