Frequent Contributor

Make-up Primer without silicones

Would love a primer that has none of the bad stuff in it.  Trying to avoid silicones.  Any suggestions.

Honored Contributor

Re: Make-up Primer without silicones

You can try the Laura Mercier primer.

Honored Contributor

It's certainly your choice to avoid any ingredients you choose. But silicones are not "bad."

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Frequent Contributor

Thanks, I'll check it out. 

Frequent Contributor

Thanks, I choose to avoid silicones.

Trusted Contributor

I can't use silicones.  I get cystic pimples when I do.

Eve Pearl moisturizing primer is silicone free and available here. Lorac sensitive skin primer is another good one from Ulta.  Great product.  I don't know if it's only silicone that you have an issue with but those are the two I can use.

Respected Contributor

When Smashbox came out with their "primer spray" I was like ha ha, a glorified expensive water.  I took a chance and bought it when Ulta was having one of those promo sales. I'm telling you that spray is amazing. It leaves your skin feeling a little "tacky" so your foundation has something to hold on to. I also bought the Nivea men's post shaving balm. That stuff is amazing also, and it's pretty cheap! Try it, you'll be amazed!! 

Trusted Contributor

@wvumountiefan wrote:

When Smashbox came out with their "primer spray" I was like ha ha, a glorified expensive water.  I took a chance and bought it when Ulta was having one of those promo sales. I'm telling you that spray is amazing. It leaves your skin feeling a little "tacky" so your foundation has something to hold on to. I also bought the Nivea men's post shaving balm. That stuff is amazing also, and it's pretty cheap! Try it, you'll be amazed!! 

I'm always looking for a great primer so tried the Nivea men's post shaving balm after reading some good reviews on it.  Didn't work for me so I put it by my husband's bathroom sink.  He told me thanks for the shaving balm and I didn't tell him I'd originally bought it for me!  Woman LOL

Super Contributor

I'm another who breaks out with silicone products. I need to also be careful with hair products with it in them...not only will I break out all around my hairline, but when I sleep and my hair lays under my the side of my face, for instance, I'll break out. I don't have this issue when I buy non-silicone products.

i was never bothered with allergies or skin reactions in the past, but the more chemicals that are added for shine or slippage or whatever, the more issues I develop. It's frustrating and very limiting.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
~ Ian Maclaren
Respected Contributor

@wvumountiefan wrote:

I also bought the Nivea men's post shaving balm. That stuff is amazing also, and it's pretty cheap! Try it, you'll be amazed!! 

ITA! It's great and inexpensive!