Esteemed Contributor

Re: Make-up Mirror Suggestions

I have an iHome lighted magnifying mirror (model number ICVBT7).  I've had it for well over a year now.  It's a regular mirror on one side and 7x magnification on the other.  The lighted ring lights both sides.  I am very happy with this mirror.  I haven't had any problems with it at all.  I bought it at Bed Bath & Beyond, but I think they have a newer model now.  Mine has a bluetooth speaker built in, but I have never used it so can't speak on that.

It has a cord to charge it.  I leave mine plugged in, but you could disconnect the cord if/when you wanted to.  The light is bright enough, but not blinding.  The light will shut off automatically after 25 minutes.  No regrets about this purchase.

iHome iCVBT7 9" Double-sided Portable Vanity Speaker

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've had my OttLite Makeup Mirror for 10 years, still going strong!

ottlite.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Thank you EVERYONE for your input!  I have FINALLY found my match!  The iHome® 10x/1x Beauty Vanity Mirror and Stereo Speaker with Bluetooth® Speakerphone!  It has a ton of 5 star reviews, so now I need my 20% of BB&B coupon & I'm all in!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@SurferWife 

Congrats on choosing your mirror.  I was just wondering about that earlier today.  I have Google Minis and Hubs in every room of the house (including bathrooms and laundry room, patio and porch so my music and command central is covered).  Enjoy!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

For anyone still looking for a mirror, there is a Zadro 10X/1X lighted vanity mirror for 50% off...$80 (reg $160) on GMADeals dot com today 8/3.

Honored Contributor

I went to Bed, Bath & Beyond today & bought my new iHome mirror.  Wow!  GREAT purchase!  It was on sale, plus 20% off.  4 different light settings, Bluetooth, 10x magnifying.  Can't wait to apply my make-up!  I'm saving the box...just in case.  I'll let y'all know in a week or 2 how well it works!

040002C7-92D3-4DF5-84B4-668C9A9E7B06.jpeg

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

My SIL bought me a make-up mirror for Christmas at my request.  It is similar to the one posted here that is round but mine is rose gold toned.  One side is regular and one side is 10x magnification.

My question is, is it normal for the magnification side to be distorted when you first look into it?  It's almost like a camera that needs to focus.  I'm not sure if it's because the mirror is cheap or are many of them like this?