Frequent Contributor

Make Up Setting Sprays - Reviews?

Anyone use make up setting spay? What are you thoughts?  I read recently that if you want a more dewy looking finish a make up setting spray as opposed to powder works best.  At 55 yrs old this week I'm liking powder less and less but am affraid my make up will slip too much w/out it (especially in Florida heat & humidity).

TIA!

Honored Contributor

Re: Make Up Setting Sprays - Reviews?

I've only used Urban Decay All Nighter and it works great. I don't use it much though. Just the original one, not the oil control.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Esteemed Contributor

Wayne Goss (Make-up guru) recommends Skindivia.  I use it and love it.

Trusted Contributor

@KathyPet  just ordered it. Seems to work well. Time will tell though

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use either Skindinavia or Urban Decay. They are very similar, as Skindinavia actually manufactures UD’s primers. Skindinavia is also cheaper and gives you twice as much product. I purchase off their site as they frequently do 20% off sales. I am very oily and actually prefer the UD All-Nigher, not the oily skin one. 

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the reccomendation!

Respected Contributor

I like Kristopher Buckle, it is a mist, so I spray into the air and let it fall onto my face.  It really works well, IMO

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Respected Contributor

I use setting sprays and I have a few different brands in my stash. The one I use right now I got from Ulta and it's the brand Essence. It's good. 

The best I've used that locks my makeup and is very affordable is by the brand Mehron, which is a brand used a lot in movies and tv. I get it from the website Camera Ready Cosmetics. Ben Nye makes a good one also. 

Respected Contributor

@KathyPet , I love Wayne Goss-and have ordered so many things from his suggestions....Skindinavia was one of them...I don't see a difference between using that-and using my Beauty Blender sponge to set my. Makeup....but he works with the BBC...

I think for the most of us, just "patting" with the BB sponge will suffice

...Hugs,

Poodlepet2

Valued Contributor

I like using Paula's Choice Skin Recovery toner as a finishing spray. I put a spray nozzle on it and it works great for setting makeup.