Valued Contributor

Mail Innovations: Why does a necklace take 8+ days to get to me

[ Edited ]

So I ordered a small necklace,  item # J331238 on 2/11/17.  By no stretch did I think I would get it in 2 or 3 days, but it just shipped 2/14/17 from North Carolina.  I live in MA, and good old Mail Innovations is predicting delivery by 2/20/17 (holiday) so let's assume another day.  I can mail a small box to my parents in Florida and it would be there within a week.  What is this ridiculous program?  If this is supposed to be some service that is better for QVC why is our shipping not reduced for untimely deliveries?  Why am I waiting from date of purchase, at least 8 days *including Saturdays* for a necklace to maybe show up next week?

I was not really paying that much attention to this Mail Innovations issue when others posted about it, but when the issues kept happening with people I started to watch the items.  The few items I did purchase in 2017 in particular, have taken a long time to reach me.  And, I think HSN is using them now too. I could always count on (HSN) to ship almost immediately and see the item within a week (max).

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Mail Innovations: Why does a necklace take 8+ days to get to me

I agree with you.  There have been many many complaints with Mail Innovations, but it continues to be used.  It is very slow and i have even had items never arrive for which I was credited.  I would like to be able to choose a shipping option when I place an order.  I would not order if I knew in advance it was being shipped through Mail Innovations.

Honored Contributor

I ordered something on the 9th, it shipped mail innovations on the 12th and was delivered today even though the EDD was the 18th. Shipped on the 12th just means that they created the shipping label as the tracking shows it wasn't even picked up until the 13th. I don't think 3 days from pickup to delivery is bad. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@ajsidney12I can't even pretend to understand how mail from anyone works these days!

A few weeks back, I received 3 boxes sent FedEX that were intended for a neighbor -  and they came on different days.  Amazon tried - FedEX failed!

Last night I slept on my new My Pillow and I hadn't preordered it -  I had ordered it during the last presentation TSV (Sunday?)and it was here Wednesday morning.  But the nail kit I ordered the day before?  -  last I looked it had slept 2 nights in Orlando and was not getting out of bed!

I know that kit wasn't promised until next Monday, but the pillows had been promised for Tuesday, so someone else has to figure it out.  I can't.  I can't even tell my relatives in the North how long their letters take to arrive because it varies a whole lot.

Esteemed Contributor

It probably won't take that long. The last thing I ordered that came MI was delivered like 3 days early. Why not wait and see if you get it earlier before complaining.
Honored Contributor

If you don't want UPS to hand off your packages to the post office, you can sign up for "UPS My Choice" on the UPS website. This will cost you $40 a year payable to UPS.

Valued Contributor

@SilleeMee I was unaware of this option, thank you for posting!  

Honored Contributor

@ajsidney12  Before you pitch a fit,  you need to relax and see when the item is actually delivered.   I get all my packages much earlier than the EDD.   Secondly,  it's not better for QVC,  it's cheaper.   Profits from shipping are a significant money-maker and can mean the difference between profit and loss. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

For those asking me to hold my water before spouting a fit, this item is sitting in CT today (Friday), which if you live in my neck of the woods, you know that another transfer stop in MA is required (typically).  Tomorrow, they will then ship to my local post office, and I presume it will then be out for delivery on Tuesday. 

Valued Contributor

Yes, Mail Innovations is absolutely awful!  If you've ever looked at the tracking when Mail Innovations is used, it's appalling how many times a package gets transferred from one place to another.  I've been waiting for a QVC order for the last week now, too.  The EDD was yesterday but, of course, it was sent using Mail Innovations so it didn't make it here yesterday.  I think the Pony Express could ship packages quicker than Mail Innovations!  It seems to me that items that ship directly from the manufacturer are received much more quickly than items shipped from QVC's warehouse.  The last time I ordered a Luminara lantern, I think it arrived in about 2 or 3 days. 

While I don't order all that often from the "Southern Channel,"  I do notice that I receive items from them so much more quickly than from QVC.  Now, I do live in Florida, so that may have something to do with it.  But they seem to use a much more efficient delivery service than the Q.  It's a very frustrating situation.