Honored Contributor

Magnifying Mirror WHY?!

[ Edited ]

I got a MyFoldAWay Mirror which I will be returning.

The mirror  is not great and also WHY does anyone need to see themselves that closely LOL? OMG it is not a good thing!

I can use my makeup mirror fine for tweezing eyebrows and even using  the flawless hair remover on the Magnifying Side. It is not anywhere near 10 % magnifying though.

Is there really a need to  see your skin that close?? You see EVERY FLAW and PORE ETC  LMBO!!

Do you have any thoughts on this?

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

Re: Magnifying Mirror WHY?!

[ Edited ]

I use a magnifier when I'm plucking my brows. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

I love using my magnification mirror. 

It's a great way to do eyebrows and too see what I'm doing.

Love applying (especially) eye makeup.

I love getting a closeup of my skin.

Maybe I'll feel different as I get up there in years?  I hope not!

Esteemed Contributor

I like my 12X magnifying mirror.

It helps me to see and find those chin hairs for me to pluck.

I don't like walking around wearing a goatee.

Esteemed Contributor

I've used a 20X magnifying mirror that's attached to my bathroom wall for about 20 years now.  I love it!   Also have a small 20X mirror that I take along when we travel.  Won't be without it.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

I use a magnifying mirror to pluck the hairs from my chin before they get as long as the hairs on my head.  LOL.  They are sneaky little things.  It comes with menopause.  Your ovaries shrink and your hair grows.  It's payback for getting rid of the menstrual periods.  

Honored Contributor

I use a magnifying mirror for plucking my eyebrows, checking upper lip and chin!

Honored Contributor

@NameAlreadyTaken wrote:

I use a magnifying mirror to pluck the hairs from my chin before they get as long as the hairs on my head.  LOL.  They are sneaky little things.  It comes with menopause.  Your ovaries shrink and your hair grows.  It's payback for getting rid of the menstrual periods.  

@Nonametoday

Is that what's going on?  Funny, I thought I was turning into an otter.

otter

No magnifying mirrors in my neck of the woods.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

I've been using my 15X magnifying mirror for years, and you'd have to pry it out of my cold dead hands! 

Not just for precise makeup applications (mascara, eyebrows, tweezing), but also right after I wash my face so I can make sure everything is still the way it should be. 

The environment, hormones, and different makeup brands can make your skin react differently on any given day.  Always good to really see it and address it quickly, if necessary.

Honored Contributor

@CherryHugs30 years ago, I probably would have agreed with you.

Now, I just wish you a long, healthy life with either good eyesight or enough moxie not to care if you have busky brows or a mustache.  The rest of us want that mirror!