Esteemed Contributor

Magnetic Eyelashes - Really?

Now I've seen it all.  Just clicked on an ad on FOX after reading the headliner.  I'm still laughing, the models look goofy.  So easy - so fast they say; but you have to sandwich your real lashes between TWO fake ones  (a top & bottom) with a magnetic strip which holds the fake ones together. IT will probably jump on this one.

Honored Contributor

Re: Magnetic Eyelashes - Really?

Ouch?

Respected Contributor

They've been around for awhile, some people like them. I think I first learned about them in Allure or some fashion mag, the only time I read them is when I'm getting my hair done. Never wear false lashes of any kind but for those that do it's another choice.

Esteemed Contributor

Never!! Not me!!

Respected Contributor

As PP said they have been around for several years.

Years ago I met a woman who used them.  She claimed they were so much easier than traditional fake lashes.

The looked great on her.  So good I considered buying them.  The higher quality one are $$$ though.

Respected Contributor

I've read quite a bit on magnetic lashes and most say they are great because they are easy on and off and best of all they do not ruin your natural lashes. I wish this was around in 2012 when I got married. One of my falsies began to come off once I was in the reception hall and I forgot to bring along the glue.

I had to add more black liner to mask the white eyelid space that was showing through. I wouldn't have had this issue with magnetic lashes. I've also read that they stay on without a problem. My natural lashes are long so these won't be for every day but for special occasions like an anniversary or a cruise which I just came back from they would be ideal.

IMO don't knock something unless you try it. Many ideas seem far fetched until at first.

~Live with Intention~
Esteemed Contributor

I would try these but wouldn't you feel as if something was in your eye having them under your own lashes?  I like the idea of no glue.

Honored Contributor

@Snoopp wrote:

I would try these but wouldn't you feel as if something was in your eye having them under your own lashes?  I like the idea of no glue.

@Snoopp

I was wondering the same thing!  I wonder if they make your eyes feel irritated?  Plus, I don't have long or thick lashes so don't know if there would be enough for them to hang on to!  The glueless part sounds wonderful though!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin