Respected Contributor

Madonna has a new skin care line

Let's all line up for this!

I saw an ad for it in InStyle magazine, October issue.  I think they did an article on it also, I haven't read the whole magazine yet.

You can bet it's overpriced!!  So scientific guru, Madonna, has something new and great!

Unless it had the most amazing new beauty breakthrough (and I'm not sure even then), I would not spend one cent on a Madonna product.

Hyacinth

Respected Contributor

Re: Madonna has a new skin care line

@hyacinth003 wrote:

I saw an ad for it in InStyle magazine, October issue.  I think they did an article on it also, I haven't read the whole magazine yet.

You can bet it's overpriced!!  So scientific guru, Madonna, has something new and great!

Unless it had the most amazing new beauty breakthrough (and I'm not sure even then), I would not spend one cent on a Madonna product.

Hyacinth

You would have to spend many cents to get any of her products, @hyacinth003.

From Vanity Fair:

"While Americans will finally have access to the line, that doesn’t mean it will come cheap. The eye mask and face wash can go for as low as $50, while the Rejuvenator Set (which includes a clay mask and a device that magnetically lifts it off the skin) tops out at $600. After all, this was developed for the Queen of Pop herself."

elf has a magnetic mask and wand. It costs $24. Somebody should tell her.

Valued Contributor

She just moved to Portugal or somewhere ...  I hope she stays there !!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hyacinth003 wrote:

Hyacinth

She is the last person I'd ever purchase an item from.  I think she's arrogant, rude and haughty.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

UNless she has a advanced degree in chemistry I doubt she "developed" anything.  What she did is just slap her name on a bunch of product brought to her by some outside entity that made it.  SHe is no different then many, many other celebs who put their name on items ranging from furniture to skin care to hair care to clothing and jewelry in order to sell their stuff to celebrity enthralled buyers.

Esteemed Contributor

Another celebrity (fill in the blank) line. Why? She looks like the Pillsbury dough boy with so much filler in her face. She has a bizarre visage.

Esteemed Contributor

Trying to stay relevant in some way.

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't buy any skin care or cosmetic line supposedly developed by her.  I think she is raggedy and rough looking.  Even worse, is her attitude!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

Seems to me that every celebrity - or anyone who used to be a celebrity - comes out with a skin care line.  Some of them end up on TV shopping channels.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Graciesmom wrote:

She just moved to Portugal or somewhere ...  I hope she stays there !!

At least she kept her word!  Where are the others who promised to go? LOL!