Honored Contributor

Re: Madonna has a new skin care line

@twinkies wrote:

Madonna does a lot of charity work , She just built a childrend hospital in Africa for sick children , You don't have to personally like her but most of her public identity is just that , A public personna , It doesn't reflect who she really is. She has a very kind heart and is generous to the less fortunate. I am sure she donated to relief efforts for the hurricane victims but probably did not feel the need to publicize it. Her contraversial image is just that -Contraversial and it keeps her in public eye.She is a smart woman.

Cathy from ma. 

Now, now @twinkies, let's not ruin a perfectly good hatefest. After all, that was the point of this thread, and we shouldn't go off topic. :-)

I have no clue as to why all the venom directed at this particular person, but then I'm not up on celebrity gossip.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3 now, now, it's not a hatefest.  Why I'd venture a guess that many of us who commented haven't thought about Madonna in many years. 

Honored Contributor

I don't do celebrity lines. Period. I've also never been a fan. Madonna does have a 'giving' side, though it appears the bulk of her largesse doesn't reach our shores... Fine, her choice. There is a great need everywhere, including here...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

The ad in InStyle is a 2 page, black and white, photos.  On the left side is a photo of Madonna, the right side is a photo of the products.  The line is named "MDNA."  The heading on the page with the photo of products says "Give Good Face."

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

It will be sold at Barney's...which is a high-end respectable place.

She definitely has a following over in Japan, where it originated.

The video for the line is very 1992, channeling her 'Erotica' Era.

As much as I adore her, and as successful the line is overseas,

I'm afraid it's not going to live up to her expectations. 

Honored Contributor

It was unlike any cosmetic/skin line website I have ever seen.  Very beautiful shots but not what I was expecting for a facial wash.

http://www.mdnaskin.com/global/brandstory.html

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

underwhelmed

Honored Contributor

I'll pass.....

Regular Contributor

Wow, why all of the hate?  So many putting Madonna down while being just as ugly as they say she is. 

Honored Contributor

@j-lou wrote:

Wow, why all of the hate?  So many putting Madonna down while being just as ugly as they say she is. 

Lol, don't you know the underlying culture of the forums is to find a daily human target to bash and offend? Extra points for picking a female Woman LOL

If the ingredients are good quality, the  products are effective and manufacturer meets certain requirements like no animal testing, I'm interested to evaluate and learn more.

Madonna thanks the OP for the free advertising!!!! Woman Wink

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri