Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Thanks for this thread. I am deciding what to do and getting up the courage! 
I have very dark brown hair with some gray, a few older grown out hilites ( just a couple shades lighter). I want to try one of these lines...
I would rather blend the gray with color lowlights and avoid a distinct line of demarcation.. That's my goal, anyway.   I am not a salon-goer for several reasons. I trim my hair myself and even have done keratin treatments myself!  But I am still working up the confidence to do permanent color!  Best wishes home hairdressers!

Regular Contributor

I've used both and would not recommend eSalon. It took my great hair and turned it into straw. I like everything about Madison Reed except the price.  I splurge every few months and really like the cape they have available if that something you're interested in

Contributor

I don't know if there are differences but I have been using Trieste Red from Madison Reed for well over a year.  I have very dark brown/black hair with a moderate amount of gray.  The Trieste Red covers the grays and makes my hair look like I've had highlights.  I get many compliments on it too.  I love how everything you need is in that one box.  The color lasts me about 5-6 weeks before I have to do it again.