Honored Contributor

This morning I got a call from my hair stylist, and she asked me if I wanted her to call when she could operate again. You bet I do. I joked that I will no doubt look like   ******, but I knew she could fix me.  Seriously , not only does she work wonders with my hair, but going to the small salon is fun, kind of like Steel Magnolias.  Whenever it's possible, I will be so glad laugh with the other ladies . 💇💇

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

@QVCkitty1   I just spoke to my hair dresser as well.  I told her I will probably look like Rapunzel by the time I see her again.  

Trusted Contributor

I got my hair cut the 2nd week in March.  Thank goodness since it looks like it could be months before I can get it cut again.  

Respected Contributor

Can you image the backlog of haircuts?  Even when they do reopen, it will still be awhile to get an appointment. 

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Valued Contributor

That was nice of your stylist.  I've been thinking of buying a clippers.  I could trim my husband's hair but mine, well ... I will have to wait for my stylist's steady hand Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

I doubt these self-employed hair stylists will be in a big rush to get back to work.  The will be eligible for the $600/wk unemployment benefit plus the other benefits everyone will get.  Since they're not normally eligible for Unemployment Insurance, this will be an unexpected paid vacation and probably many will not be in a big rush to return to work.

I called my stylist almost a week ago and left a message.  She has not returned my call.  After 17 years with her, I plan to look for a new person.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624   When we get the "all clear" and people can return to a job, unemployment compensation returns to the old rules. To receive compensation, you must prove you're actively seeking employment (if not deemed unable to work).

Honored Contributor

@Tadaki wrote:

I got my hair cut the 2nd week in March.  Thank goodness since it looks like it could be months before I can get it cut again.  

@Tadaki 

I also got a trim in early March so I can survive a few months. 👍

Honored Contributor

Re: Made me Smile

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

@Kachina624   When we get the "all clear" and people can return to a job, unemployment compensation returns to the old rules. To receive compensation, you must prove you're actively seeking employment (if not deemed unable to work).

@Shanus  LOL, LOL. You're preaching to the choir.  You don't know this but I worked in Unemployment Insurance and job placement as an area manager for over 30 years.  I administered the UI fund for my area.  If one can get 'free' government money, one takes full advantage.  That's the nature of the beast.  If a person is self employed, how are you going to determine when she can return to work?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

The salon I am now going to is a little larger than yours.  I had one cut with the new salon and then I received a call that my stylist changed careers and left and they assigned me to someone else.  Then I received another call and they needed to reschedule the appt. and the rest is history as the salon is closed until social distancing is lifted.  I believe I may be anywhere from 15 to 20 weeks since my last cut.  It's nice to see my hair grow.

It was very nice of your stylist to contact you.

kindness is strength