Respected Contributor

Re: Macys 15% VIP Beauty Sale Ebates 20% Awesome Deal 9/16

@Suebdoo  Thank you for posting the info. My Ebates is showing 10%, but I'm happy with that. I get my tax back plus make a little money on the deal!!

Trusted Contributor

I'm sorry not everyone has the 20%.  I just checked again and I still have it.  I noticed many of you said you got 10% on your ebates app.  I am going through the site and not the app.  Wonder if that makes a difference?

Respected Contributor

@Suebdoo wrote:

I'm sorry not everyone has the 20%.  I just checked again and I still have it.  I noticed many of you said you got 10% on your ebates app.  I am going through the site and not the app.  Wonder if that makes a difference?

@Suebdoo  Nope, I went through the site and got 10%. 20% off would be great, but like I said, I'm happy with the 10%.

Ebates can be wonky at times. Sometimes they email me that my rebate was credited to my account, most times they don't. Frequently I have to email them after awhile because they never credited my account at all. Sometimes they show a purchase I made with an incorrect (lower) price. I always keep a small notebook with the date, purchase price and amount of rebate I shiould receive. You have to keep an eye on them. Smiley Frustrated

Respected Contributor

I also went through the website.  That is not cool that they are offering different rebates to different people!  Although, I have gotten so much cash back through them for ordering stuff I would have ordered anyway I really can't complain.

I use Ebates for almost everything but lately I have been using the Ibotta app for QVC and HSN because they've been having 7.5% instead of 2 or 3%.  

Honored Contributor

I used it again today and Ebates is 10% for me going through their website.  I'm happy with that.  Some places are 1% for some stores.  Good cosmetic sale at Macy's too and it's free shipping.

Respected Contributor

Be careful....I ordered a handbag on Saturday night thru pay pal and got an email that the order was cancelled and I would not be charged.  I called Macys and they said that it was a high risk item which made no sense so I just ordered using a different card.  Now I looked at my bank and am being charged on the first card twice for that pay pal item.....Why twice I don't know.   I have emailed them.  Then I will call. 

Honored Contributor

Today they are 6%.  Mine is the same whether I go through the site or my app.