Super Contributor

Mac powder or liquid or both?

[ Edited ]

If I want to try Mac foundation, shall I try the powder, the liquid or do I need both?   For those of you who have used both, which do you prefer and why?

Valued Contributor

Re: Mac powder or liquid or both?

You might want to reconsider the over-hyped MAC foundations and try "The Ordinary" Coverage Foundation for $6.90. Yes, $6.90. It comes in 21 shades and is the best I have ever used, and that includes Chanel, Lauder, Chantecaille, La Prairie. Its hard to find in stock online because it is such a hit and is being raved about in various magazines. Ulta carries it.

Trusted Contributor

@furbabylover The Ordinary serum foundation is the one I have and LOVE!  The only problem, which really isn't a problem because as you've pointed out it is under $7, I was between two shades so had to buy two and mix when I use.   I agree, it is really, really good.  

I know they offer another fuller coverage foundation but haven't tried, I like more sheer.  I'm patiently waiting for them to come out with their "colours" line which seems like an eternity.  I'm interested in seeing what that's all about !

Valued Contributor

I know, right!!? The Ordinary is an amazing company. Of the two foundations offered, I use the "Coverage" one which is more matte and provides a lot more coverage than the other one. I wear the lightest shade they make and I got the one with silver highlights, which sounds weird, but it has no shiny stuff just a beautiful glow. 

Trusted Contributor

@furbabylover   That doesn't sound crazy at all!  One of the two shades I have is a "silver highlight" also.  That was just the better shade to go with having the right undertone.  And agreed, it offers nothing 'metallic' or shiny so to speak - just a beautiful, low sheen glow. 

Highly recommend!!!!