Valued Contributor

Mac Cosmetics and Shawn

[ Edited ]

Wonderful show, calm, cool , and lots of info.  Thanks Shawn and Iris.  Great explanation on colors and applications...just great.....ty Shawn

the only negative thing is the shipping $3.50 for each item....robbery

HSN is much better with shipping charges

Respected Contributor

I just tuned into this and surprised to hear the rep. say that if you have pink undertones in your skin and burn easily you are a "warm". If you have yellow or gold undertones you are a "cool". I have always heard the opposite of this. I didn't catch the beginning of this show so I don't know the reasoning behind this. Confusing.

Regular Contributor

Agreed! Shawn does such a great job!! Love her. Heart

Valued Contributor

Wow.   That rep has it backwards about the "cool" and "warm" skin tones.  According to her, I would be "warm" and I am for sure not.

Honored Contributor

I remember this "warm or cool" controversy from a show at least a year ago.  I assumed one presenter had it wrong, No, this is gospel to the MAC line.  I didn't see much, but I was impressed with the MAC rep last night.  

Respected Contributor

I think the MAC Rep. Iris should have addressed this. She could have explained that MAC does their color shades and tones different from other makeup. And if you have pink or red undertones in your skin and blue veins in MAC you are a warm.  As it was there was no real explanation for calling  cool toned skin "warm." I don't know how they manage to sell this makeup. It must be a marketing gimmick to convince people that MAC has discovered the real secret to matching makeup to skin tones.  

Honored Contributor

@50Mickey wrote:

I just tuned into this and surprised to hear the rep. say that if you have pink undertones in your skin and burn easily you are a "warm". If you have yellow or gold undertones you are a "cool". I have always heard the opposite of this. I didn't catch the beginning of this show so I don't know the reasoning behind this. Confusing.

@50Mickey   They wongly believe that if you have cool, pink tones in your skin, you should warm it up w/ yellow tones. If you have olive, warm tones, they want to "pink it up" w/ cool shades. In my opinion, that's "NUTS". You are the shade and undertone you are and shouldn't be changing it w/ makeup. 

***To make it more confusing (or clarify), the shade (foundation shade)) of your skin changes by season if you tan or self-tan. However, your undertone, warm, cool or neutral never changes. The undertone is most important to get correct. Undertone must match no matter what shade you choose (fair, light, medium, etc.).

Trusted Contributor

@lucky-girl wrote:

Wonderful show, calm, cool , and lots of info.  Thanks Shawn and Iris.  Great explanation on colors and applications...just great.....ty Shawn

They're having a free shipping day today.

Trusted Contributor

@Caffeina wrote:

@lucky-girl wrote:

They're having a free shipping day today.

Not to mention SO much better with shipping times.  Lots quicker than QVC.

Honored Contributor

Re: Mac Cosmetics and Shawn

[ Edited ]

@Tessa Mendoza wrote:

Wow.   That rep has it backwards about the "cool" and "warm" skin tones.  According to her, I would be "warm" and I am for sure not.

@Tessa Mendoza @It's not the rep that has it wrong. MAC has always been like this. The rep was correctly explaining MAC's shades the way MAC describes them. The shades are the opposite of other brands. They have always been confusing.