Respected Contributor

MY REVIEW ON MAYBELLINE TINT AND AGE REWIND ERASER...

I bought the lightest shade of the tinted moisturizer spf 30, and I find it's slightly on the warm side. I prefer cool tones. It's ok for around the house, probably won't buy again.

As for the Age Rewind under eye eraser, it definitely brightened the area, and helped the sunken look.

The problem I keep having with everything under the eyes is they all settle into the little fine lines.  The age Rewind looked a little dry, even though I applied eye cream 1st, so I added a bit more on top.  It looked better, but a while after, I had to blot the settlement from the lines.  What am I doing wrong??

I use a rich eye cream from Shiseido Benefiance...maybe it's too rich?   Hope some of you can help...@Shanus??

Anyone who uses under eye concealers??

Honored Contributor

Re: MY REVIEW ON MAYBELLINE TINT AND AGE REWIND ERASER...

[ Edited ]

I also have been having a hard time with under eye concealer and finally just stopped wearing it for a long time.  Now I'm wearing an under eye corrector which is a bit different.

I really like the Becca brand.  The texture is very creamy and I just pat it on.  My biggest issue with this brand is that they only offer four shades.  I got the medium which is a bit just too dark and I have been mixing it with another product which is lighter.  I think that I will get the Becca fair corrector and mix them....it's also a brightener.

It doesn't settle in fine lines because it's so creamy.

Respected Contributor

@haddon9 , I have Becca, but it's the brightener,  in light. 

I like it, but that too, settles.  I try pat a tiny bit of my foundation on 1st, but sill creases.  I tried a light pat of loose finishing powder, sometimes I dont...I just keep try different techniques.  

Honored Contributor

I have given up on concealers because no matter which kind I tried - drugstore to high end - with or without powder, no matter which eye cream, every single one settled and creased and made my undereye look awful.  Sometimes I will pat on a little Bobbi Brown color corrector but thats it.  

Honored Contributor

At the risk of getting chastized for this I am going to say it anyway. The Shisheido eye cream has mineral oil and petroleum as its 3rd and 4th ingredients, peptides are the last ingredients, I would definitley rethink using that under and around the eyes. Just my 2 cents, not looking for ridicule. 

Trusted Contributor

@JudyL

I was just reading about the Bobby Brown color corrector today. I'm not too knowledgeable about makeup so I wasn't even aware this existed. I was wondering if that would help me. Because I have exactly the same problem you have, well kind of. I have found a concealer that doesn't crease very bad and it's the only one that doesn't. It's the elf 16 hour camo concealer. And I think it's partly due to the eye cream I'm using, at least that's my theory anyway.
My issue with any concealer is that after a few hours my skin just gets dried out I have to use Vaseline petroleum jelly on my face during the day just to keep it moisturized at work. I don't have time to actually go redo my makeup so that's the extent of what I get to do for my face during the day at work. But when I saw this Bobby Brown item, I thought that might be something I could use under my eyes during the day once I pat on the Vaseline very lightly I might be able to use the BB color corrector because I do hate my dark circles. But I just could not figure out what color I needed to get. Can you share any insight into this product and how you were able to determine what color that you use? Thank you
Frequent Contributor

I have found primer is the key!!!!! I use eye cream or my face moisturizer followed by primer and the Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer. If I need to refresh after work before evening event I repeat the primer dnd concealer steps. I do not powder under the eyes! I find the Age Rewind perfect as it isn’t shiny or dewy looking - so powder isn’t necessary. I actually use this as my entire face foundation. My favorite primer is still the Monistat anti-chafing gel. I do put powder on T zone. I have gone through many tubes of Monistat and Age Rewind. Just a winning and affordable combo for me at 60.
Honored Contributor

@Midmod - I have the Bobbi Brown corrector in Bisque.  I went into a Sephora to check colors but seem to remember this is one of the lighter shades.  Thought the BB corrector was better than the Becca one because it worked better for me.  The Becca one seemed drier to me.  The other corrector I tried was the Pixi corrector and for me that was awful - way too dry - but I know its poplular.

Respected Contributor

@Midmod , I don't use Bobby Brown,  and I don't have dark circles,  so I can't comment on a shade.  I believe  @Shanus may be able to share here experience with BB corrector. 

Trusted Contributor

@ I was sashay

I have dry skin. Wouldn't the monistat acerbate that?