Respected Contributor

Re: MY REVIEW ON MAYBELLINE TINT AND AGE REWIND ERASER...

@I was Sasha ...thank you..ill look into this.  I never considered a primer under my eyes.   Actually, I never used anything,  not even foundation...I always had light skin under my eyes, very light...now it's sunken.  Maybe too much wine🤣....I drink LOTS OF WATER...just kidding. 

Respected Contributor

@Shelbelle , no problem,  I value your opinion.  I honestly have no unlike for mineral oil or petroleum.  I do agree I'd like more skin loving ingredients,  peptides, ceramides,etc.   As for Shiseido,  idk what to say, but believe me ,I've used many, many eye creams, and the Benefiance eye cream is amazing.   My 3 daughters use it too, in serum or cream and we are pleased with it ....its hydrating, plumps, and zero lines.   Back to my problem...maybe not helping with concealers or under eye brighteners...

Respected Contributor

@JudyL wrote:

@Midmod - I have the Bobbi Brown corrector in Bisque.  I went into a Sephora to check colors but seem to remember this is one of the lighter shades.  Thought the BB corrector was better than the Becca one because it worked better for me.  The Becca one seemed drier to me.  The other corrector I tried was the Pixi corrector and for me that was awful - way too dry - but I know its poplular.

@JudyL , look at Beauty Pie...im considering it as my next try....ingredients are better than Pixie...IMO. 

I have Becca, it's nice...just same ole...settles into lines.  My daughter has same problem with Becca, and really no lines, but she doesn't like it...just saying. 

Frequent Contributor

Hi! The Monistat to me is great for dry skin as it seals in the moisture. I also use it at night over my moisturizer on my face. Got that idea from Mally!
Trusted Contributor

@I was Sasha

Very intriguing. I have heard of this before but have never tried it. The monistat chafing gel??
Frequent Contributor

Yes! Monistat Chafing Gel. It is basically a silicone primer. Similar ingredients to Smashbox original primer.
Respected Contributor

@Dazlin I take that rubbery cap off the Rewind eraser because it makes the concealer apply on the dry side. This may sound off but I use a tiny bit of argan oil under my eyes. Apply the concealer with a small flat brush then pat with finger. Then I pat on Smashbox primer & find it is not dry or settles into fine lines.

Honored Contributor

@Dazlin wrote:

I bought the lightest shade of the tinted moisturizer spf 30, and I find it's slightly on the warm side. I prefer cool tones. It's ok for around the house, probably won't buy again.

As for the Age Rewind under eye eraser, it definitely brightened the area, and helped the sunken look.

The problem I keep having with everything under the eyes is they all settle into the little fine lines.  The age Rewind looked a little dry, even though I applied eye cream 1st, so I added a bit more on top.  It looked better, but a while after, I had to blot the settlement from the lines.  What am I doing wrong??

I use a rich eye cream from Shiseido Benefiance...maybe it's too rich?   Hope some of you can help...@Shanus??

Anyone who uses under eye concealers??

@Dazlin   Good morning. BB Correctors are fantastic. I've used it for decades...really. I use porcelain bisque and then porcelain concealer on top. With a lighter eye cream underneath (like the Kiehl's Avocado Eye Cream), they've worked well for me.

Sometimes it's the combination of products that just don't work together. That's why I like both products to be from BB or the sameline. Bobbi was one of the first to put out a corrector because she wanted customers to use less concealer because of the creasing.

I also use BB Tinted Moisturizer because of the wide shade range and light coverage. The concealer can be used to touch up areas where you'd like more coverage.There's also a BB Foundation stick that's good for extra coverage.

BB's shade range, across the board, has the same names, so once you find your shade, the name is the same in concealer, foundation stick and 

any of the many other foundations offered. There's a serum foundation that's moisturizing with light buildable coverage, too. 

After applying your corrector lightly just where it's needed, usually not under the entire eye, tap on the concealer so it blends with your foundation or tinted moisturizer...it's lightweight and creamy. The correctors are usually a peach tone and should not be used alone.

I hope this helps you.

Honored Contributor

@JudyL wrote:

@Midmod - I have the Bobbi Brown corrector in Bisque.  I went into a Sephora to check colors but seem to remember this is one of the lighter shades.  Thought the BB corrector was better than the Becca one because it worked better for me.  The Becca one seemed drier to me.  The other corrector I tried was the Pixi corrector and for me that was awful - way too dry - but I know its poplular.

@JudyL   My shade corrector shade is porcelain bisque which is lighter than bisque and my corrector is porcelain. Both also come in a stick, but I find that a bit more dry. The full coverage concealer in a tube with doe foot is heavier with more coverage.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus , thank you...BB will be my next purchase.   Appreciate the step by step guide!!

I think I had Kiehls eye cream a long time ago...im going to try it again for the day time.  I'm going to write everything down.   Hope this works...thank you again.