Trusted Contributor

Re: MY REVIEW ON LM SHADOW STICKS....

@Dazlin So happy you are pleased with your purchase. They really are perfect for traveling. I just use my finger and do not even need to pack a brush. I'm traveling now and I so appreciate them, no need to worry about palettes breaking over everything and they take up so much less space. Even while at home I rarely reach for my palettes anymore. Enjoy and thanks for your review on the LM trio! 

"Dogs heal hearts they never broke"
RIP Lexi aka "Momma" 1/15/24
Respected Contributor

@Boehm Collector It's the Rose Gold Trio...colors are Moonlight Glow, Strike a Rose, and Kiss from a rose.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus , good to know,  I'll keep an eye out.  Also, since I love these so much, I'm wondering if I can use a deeper shade as a liner?  I have the chiseled angle brush...it works great with powder shadows.  Would the stick shadow be too emollient for that close to the lash line?  I wouldn't want it to migrate into my eyes...what do you think?   Anyone else ever use as a liner??

Honored Contributor

@kathie66 wrote:

@Dazlin So happy you are pleased with your purchase. They really are perfect for traveling. I just use my finger and do not even need to pack a brush. I'm traveling now and I so appreciate them, no need to worry about palettes breaking over everything and they take up so much less space. Even while at home I rarely reach for my palettes anymore. Enjoy and thanks for your review on the LM trio! 

@kathie66 - never thought about how good these would be for travel.  Have a trip next summer to Africa and there is a limited weight restriction so usually don't take anything that isn't absolutely essential.  Which usually means no makeup but if I like these, then I could easily take one of these with me and a mascara and be ok.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've been wanting to experiment with shadow sticks too and just received these:

https://www.qvc.com/Doll-10-Doll-Pro-Infinite-Color-Eye-Crayon-Quad.product.A504592.html?productNumb...

The 4 crayons are neutral and range from cream to very dark brown. They're super easy to apply, blend with your finger, and they last! I haven't noticed any settling into the crease but my eyelids are not especially oily. One color is very slightly shimmery but the rest are matte.

I'm not sure they're the most heavily pigmented (unlike the Laura Geller Kajal crayons for example which are very intense) but that might also make them easier to apply and more versatile. They're also "clean" beauty.

I recommend!

Honored Contributor

@Dazlin wrote:

@Shanus , good to know,  I'll keep an eye out.  Also, since I love these so much, I'm wondering if I can use a deeper shade as a liner?  I have the chiseled angle brush...it works great with powder shadows.  Would the stick shadow be too emollient for that close to the lash line?  I wouldn't want it to migrate into my eyes...what do you think?   Anyone else ever use as a liner??

@Dazlin   The sticks make a perfect liner because most are waterproof. It's easy to rub the brush lightly across the shadow stick and apply as liner close to the lashes. Give the creamy stick on the lid a few minutes to set before applying liner so they don't blend together. The same technique can be used as a soft liner under the eyes, too.

The shadow sticks are not too emollient at all. Most can be used as an eyelid primer because they set rather quickly and don't budge. I choose the ones that say they are waterproof or long wearing. 

I'm happy you are enjoying your new "find".....

Esteemed Contributor

@Dazlin wrote:

@Boehm Collector It's the Rose Gold Trio...colors are Moonlight Glow, Strike a Rose, and Kiss from a rose.

Thank you, @Dazlin 

Respected Contributor

Love the idea of a rose collection.Do these sticks have a lot of shimmer in them?

Respected Contributor

@Shanus , thank you!!

Respected Contributor

@cuddlesmama , they have slight shimmer, but nothing glittery.  I like them on lid area, but not under the brow.  I sometimes only apply a small dot under the arch of brow, but that's about it in that area.