Honored Contributor

MY MOST USED FACE AND SHADOW BRUSHES

[ Edited ]

While decluttering makeup yet another time, I realized there are certain bushes (not brands) I reach for on a regular basis. Those are the ones I switched to a glass mug for every day and the others moved to the back of my vanity. Now I can reach for what I need and the makeup process is faster going. 

I use my slanted face brush for blush, a tight bristled brush for tinted moisturizer and foundation, a fluffy brush for powder,  2 fan shaped brushes: one for bronzer and the other for an occasional highlight.  Eye shadow/liner brushes are a larger flat brush for all over placement of my lighter shade, a more pointed brush for the crease and a long fluffy brush for blending. I also have a fine tipped liner brush for tightlining.  A slanted brow brush with spoolie is also used daily.  The others are "extras" that are not reached for on a regular basis.

What are your necessary, every day brushes? 

Trusted Contributor

Re: MY MOST USED FACE AND SHADOW BRUSHES

I use exactly the same brushes you do.  Exactly.  And I use a small, smudger type brush to soften any pencil eyeliner I often use. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus To your -- what? about 13? makeup artists' brushes, I use these mostly:

The IT powder brush for Bye-Bye Pores

1 for blush (SB)

1 flat for liner (SB)

1 softer for just above crease (Sephora brand)

1 clean smaller eye brush for softening brightener for inner eye corners (SB)

1 lip  (can't do without this!) (EL)

And I reserve 1 blush type brush in case I want to do cheek highlight. (SB)

Not for face, but my favorite artist brushes to watercolor with -- 1 small flat & 1 wider flat.

Honored Contributor

@Harpa wrote:

@Shanus To your -- what? about 13? makeup artists' brushes, I use these mostly:

The IT powder brush for Bye-Bye Pores

1 for blush (SB)

1 flat for liner (SB)

1 softer for just above crease (Sephora brand)

1 clean smaller eye brush for softening brightener for inner eye corners (SB)

1 lip  (can't do without this!) (EL)

And I reserve 1 blush type brush in case I want to do cheek highlight. (SB)

Not for face, but my favorite artist brushes to watercolor with -- 1 small flat & 1 wider flat.

@Harpa   I forgot to add since I limited my brushes, I have the It Brush Love spray and paper towel handy to give my brushes a quick clean until the weekly wash.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Harpa   I forgot to add since I limited my brushes, I have the It Brush Love spray and paper towel handy to give my brushes a quick clean until the weekly wash.

@Shanus 

I use that, too! It works really well.

I was going to ask you - how do you use your fan brushes? I've used them in oil painting, but don't seem to need them for face.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Harpa wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Shanus 

I use that, too! It works really well.

I was going to ask you - how do you use your fan brushes? I've used them in oil painting, but don't seem to need them for face.

@Harpa   I use the fan brushes to fluff a light amount of bronzer/highlight. I use it flat against my cheeks after brushing along the product. I usually do this in one stroke unlike painting.