Regular Contributor

@barefootwillow Thank you for your thoughtful reply.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC outside retail link

Esteemed Contributor

Re: MY FIRST WIG

[ Edited ]

@Shanus

I have worn wigs for years. A wig takes as much care and maintenance as your hair.

Please go to, YouTube and watch some videos on wigs. 

Most wig stores will not allow customers to return a wig. I usually buy online. 

When you buy a wig online or in a store, it should come in a plastic bag with a hair net around it with tags.

You may to look at a wig unboxing.

I would be uncomfortable returning a wig to QVC for a refund. I assume all these items are discarded. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus----good for you!! Yes, I wore wigs when I lost my hair during chemo----had 3 of them in my fave styles that I LOVED!!! they all looked great and felt great too. I donated them back to the local cancer center ---was just about to get one recently,  as my hair was in a stateof ugly--- that I was ready to shave it off and get a wig. would love to see a pic---and play with it before you decide to keep or not--there is a learning curve----If you love it but need it tweaked--go to your hair person and they will help out!!!

Respected Contributor

In the early 70s I worked at a large bargain department store and they decided to add a wig department. Since I was a hairdresser I got hired. I wore a wig every day which helped to sell them and when I went out at night to party more or less I would wear a different wig. It was a lot of fun back then. 

Of course now they make them so much better but they looked pretty good.

My mom got a wig once, her hair was thinning, I think it was a Gabor wig. I still have it somewhere.  

Honored Contributor

Wigs were very popular when I was in my early 20's.  I owned two.  It was fun to wear for a different look.  I do not own any wigs now.  I would purchase one if I could find a salt & pepper one.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

Wigs were very popular when I was in my early 20's.  I owned two.  It was fun to wear for a different look.  I do not own any wigs now.  I would purchase one if I could find a salt & pepper one.

Same here.  Most of the wigs I've seen have too much salt and not enough pepper.

Honored Contributor

This is a year-old thread.....wonder if the topic is still relevant?

Esteemed Contributor

I ordered one from Toni last year........but could not bring myself to even try it on.  In a pile it just looked like 'road kill'.  A hairy something or other.

Respected Contributor

Re: MY FIRST WIG

[ Edited ]

How fun! I wanted to try one as different as I could get I have long blonde hair so I got a short red wig!  At first it was kind of creepy to look ay myself, but now i get a kick out of it I look SO different! Mine is also a Toni Bratton and I wish I would have gotten one when I was younger! (I am 61) Here are both "me's"Redhead 1.jpgchristmas party 2017 me.jpg