Honored Contributor

MY FAVORITE BB SERUM FOUNDATION (@ECBG

@ECBG  and others:  Guess what? They've changed the formula to more coverage, etc. I loved it the way it was originally.  Medium coverage puts it in the category of most other foundations. Just when I find something I love...BOOM, it's discontinuted or reformulated. 

Respected Contributor

Re: MY FAVORITE BB SERUM FOUNDATION (@ECBG

@Shanus 

Join the club my friend !!!    When I find something " perfect "......I stockpile.  When I found the perfect lipstick shade for myself, I kept ordering the multipacks.   Although it has been discontinued a few years ago, I still have about 6 left which should last about that many years.

Then, I found the folks who can match any lipstick color so I use theirs as a base coat and a light touch of " perfect " over it...add a few more years to the stash !

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

@jlkz wrote:

@Shanus 

Join the club my friend !!!    When I find something " perfect "......I stockpile.  When I found the perfect lipstick shade for myself, I kept ordering the multipacks.   Although it has been discontinued a few years ago, I still have about 6 left which should last about that many years.

Then, I found the folks who can match any lipstick color so I use theirs as a base coat and a light touch of " perfect " over it...add a few more years to the stash !

@jlkz   I try not to stockpile...usually find something Ilike better and then stuck with half dozen lipsticks. That happens often. I do keep a backup of my skincare items which is more important to me than makeup. I'll just stay w/ my BB Tinted Mosturizer and stick foundation. I will say, I agree that's annoying that products change...it's usually not for the better. 

Valued Contributor

Which serum foundation are you talking about? Is it the one in the black bottle that cost about $70? I hadn’t tried that one yet but was looking into it because it looked like a good option for my dry skin. I might reconsider now because I don’t want so much coverage as that usually tries out my skin even more.
Respected Contributor

@jlkz wrote:

@Shanus 

@jlkz don't lipsticks go rancid after a while?

Honored Contributor

I spoke to Cara at BobbiBrown.com and was advised the new formulation is not available yet but will be introduced soon. They are in the process of reformulating probably fragrance free due to complaints about the strong lavender scent causing irritation. Hope that helps.💄

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus 

Sorry to hear a product you loved has been discontinued. Definitely disappointing when a favorite product "disappears". I've had it happen to me a few times over the years, and then the search begins for a substitute product. Very frustrating. 

@jlkz 

I certainly understand why you would buy extras. It's so nice to have the products you lovd on hand. I've never really stockpiled makeup or skin care. I'm concerned about shelf life. If they're unopened, though, I guess they would be ok for awhile. I might have one extra of the things I use daily, but that's about it. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

DURN!!! 

Portrait of Little Girl Crying Stock Footage Video (100% Royalty-free)  7920397 | Shutterstock

Of course, heaven knows when I will get to wear foundation again.  I don't wear it under a mask.

Respected Contributor

@Texasmouse 

Evidently, no because I have been using these for a few years.  They are out of the sunlight; temperature is a consistent 70 degrees.

Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

@wilma 

I have had no problems over the years.  They are kept out of sunlight and unopened.  Temperature is a consistent 70 degrees.

If I were to use more than one at a time, then bacteria could cause a problem.

Sir Winston Churchill