Honored Contributor

Re: MY FAV LIPSTICK DISCONTINUED?

[ Edited ]

@RollTide2008 wrote:
I don’t it’s always random what products go viral. Products that get sent out in PR tend to go viral.

This product is old.  I thought companies sent new products in PR.  

I've never understood the big deal with this lipstick.  It is an okay color but it doesn't last at all.

But then, 99% of the products that go viral on Tik-Tok I find to be meh at best and absolute garbage at worst. 

Trusted Contributor

If your lipstick is on Ebay, it is prob in the process of being discontinued, getting new packaging, or is backordered in the big supply chain debacle.

Regular Contributor

Hi there LipstickDiiva I agree I have used this in the past off on on, the color is ok, not like some reviews where it looks a pretty reddish brownish. It just looks like a light brown gloss on me. It’s been around since the 70s but never made it as my go to since I prefer a saturated color. I do have a 3 piece set I bought about a year ago, a balm, gloss and the chubby stick. Chubby stick has a better color payout in my opinion. It’s a a pretty neutral color, now I’m on the hunt for the chubby stick in black honey, can’t find it lol. I fell for the hype when Maybelline mascara Sky high went viral….too much time on my hands…..
Honored Contributor

@Shanus @I just saw it for sale on the Clinique website.

Frequent Contributor

I remember black honey! Now I want to try it again, but it looks like I’ll have a hard time getting it.

I was never a big lipstick wearer, but I used to like raspberry ice by Avon. I got married wearing that lipstick in 1988, and it was always my go to shade. I would like to have some now but it has been discontinued. It matched my skin tone very well.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus 

Because of you, I found my new lipstick...Black Honey by Clinique.  Thanks.  

Very unique. 

I found it on ebay, brand new, delivered today and love it.  Beautiful color....not at all dark, on me anyway.  Tried only the tube so far.  Very sheer.  

Ordered this. 

Image 01 - clinique black honey 3 Pcs

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Foxxee! That is the one I have bought 10 during holidays 2018, and gave them as gifts…has a 3 yr shelf life. I’m glad I still have two..I can’t find the black honey chubby stick it is discontinued, I chatted with someone from Clinique….boohoo. I’ll cherish mine lol. I think the chubby stick has a better color payout. Maybe they’ll bring it out of the vault soon. Enjoy….I’ll keep looking hoping the demand brings it back. Actually I tried selling those a while ago never sold so I’m using…I didn't see it on eBay LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Toppers3 wrote:

@findjanedoe wrote:

This is why Clinique's Black Honey has become so scarce:

https://www.glossy.co/beauty/why-cliniques-decades-old-black-honey-almost-lipstick-went-viral-on-tik... 

Thanks for the information.

It's pretty amazing how things like this happen with certain influencers now, and how much people pay attention to their opinions.

I remember seeing Black Honey on one of the shopping channel websites recently, and then it was gone from the shopping channels.

I'm sure that it will be back.

I used to wear it way back when when you could get it in the pot.

Then, I rediscovered it again about 20 years ago, and started wearing it again, but haven't worn it since.

I kind of go through phases where I'll wear something for awhile, and then I won't wear it again for awhile. Smiley Wink

I'm very fair-skinned on the porcelain side, so berry shades can run a bit on the darker side on me.

@Toppers3   The fact that Almost Black Honey is sheer makes it wearable for even the "fairest of the fair...the Nicole Kidman's of the world" (so tired of hearing this), but that's me and it sounds like you, too. 

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

@Shanus 

Because of you, I found my new lipstick...Black Honey by Clinique.  Thanks.  

Very unique. 

I found it on ebay, brand new, delivered today and love it.  Beautiful color....not at all dark, on me anyway.  Tried only the tube so far.  Very sheer.  

Ordered this. 

Image 01 - clinique black honey 3 Pcs

@Foxxee   Sorry late getting back to you. I'm happy you like it. 

Honored Contributor

@ocookie   A few pages back, I said I found a set (albeit travel size, minis) of the black honey with the pink honey on Amazon. I think I can make it last until Clinique brings it back.