Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: MY BROWS: BIT THE BULLET

@Hoovermom wrote:

@Shanus:  Just beautiful, you, eyes, eyebrows (TDF BYW).  Wish I had better luck with lining and tightlining but I haven't mastered it yet.

@Hoovermom  It’s not a natural “gift”. I’ve been doing it on myself and others for decades. It’s a learned skill that takes loads of practice & patience. Then it’s very easy. Translation of abbreviations please?

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@Shanus

Beautiful!  Lovely shape that really fits your face.

I would love to have such full brows.  

In my younth, I had them waxed regularly, now I wish I had those back Cat LOL

@Witchy Woman  Maybe that’s why I feared going.

Honored Contributor

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

DISCLAMER:  So bathroom walls are grocery bag tan...not quite flattering to skin. I had to stand in the light a certain way so not to cast shadows downward and you’d see hair, not eyes. Anyway, it takes a “set” to post any portion of your face on here. BE KIND.

@Shanus, looks very nice.  Thanks for sharing.  Woman Happy

@Sunshine Kate  💕

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Hoovermom wrote:

@Shanus:  Just beautiful, you, eyes, eyebrows (TDF BYW).  Wish I had better luck with lining and tightlining but I haven't mastered it yet.

@Hoovermom  It’s not a natural “gift”. I’ve been doing it on myself and others for decades. It’s a learned skill that takes loads of practice & patience. Then it’s very easy. Translation of abbreviations please?

@Shanus:  TDF = to die for......BYW was suppose to be By the way....my bad.  You do a great job with your make-up.

Honored Contributor

@Hoovermom wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Hoovermom wrote:

@Shanus:  TDF = to die for......BYW was suppose to be By the way....my bad.  You do a great job with your make-up.

@Hoovermom  Thanks for clearing that up. I love makeup and besides doing it professionally, can’t wait to spend a few hours, when nothing happening, trying out new ideas, products, colors on myself. ❣️

Frequent Contributor

@Shanus..  off the topic slightly.. Just wanted to say I love reading your posts. You’re always so knowledgeable, helpful and so kind. I’m fairly new to posting here but I’ve been reading the boards for years and you’re one of the posters whose posts I’ve always enjoyed. 

Honored Contributor

@Nugbucker wrote:

@Shanus..  off the topic slightly.. Just wanted to say I love reading your posts. You’re always so knowledgeable, helpful and so kind. I’m fairly new to posting here but I’ve been reading the boards for years and you’re one of the posters whose posts I’ve always enjoyed. 

@Nugbucker  Oh, that’s so sweet for you to take the time to say that. Knowledgeable? Only in my areas of expertise, but I enjoy answering questions and trying to offer suggestions where I can. Happy you enjoy my posts. 💕

Honored Contributor

@Nugbucker wrote:

@Shanus..  WOW. I just have to say, you are amazingly beautiful! Love your brows for sure but wow your eyes are gorgeous! And your hair- lovely too! I wish I could say I look that lovely most days, but no. I’m a makeup and hair imbecile. Lol. 

@Nugbucker   Hey, you only saw barely 1/8 of my face. Lol  Amazingly beautiful, oh my! I’ll take the compliment anyway. ***Hair by the way, that closeup, looks very grey because you can see every dark one that hasn’t decided to be white yet. When looking at the entire head, it appears more white/silver...much more flattering to my fair complexion. 

Respected Contributor

CD is in remission, thanks to Entyvio. But even in remission it can affect eyes, etc.

But today I got all dressed up and did m/u. Tried the copper liner over brown powder. Copper really makes green eyes pop. Probably the red in copper that does it. Found a mascara that has a copper tint. 

Sorry about your aunt. I worked for the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation for ten years doing the newsletter, press, etc. That was before the new meds that you see ads for on TV.

They now have an excellent website for anyone interested.

My aunt had 4carat tw earrings. I bought diamonique. We both have large earlobes. Her husband (my uncle) couldn't figure out why she didn't wear diamonique. I told him if he ever ran out of money she could sell them. That shut him up.

Respected Contributor

Wanted to add. The LG eyeliner is amazing. Put it on at 8 a.m. Just took it off at 8p.m. Have oily lids and usually use UD eye primer. This a.m. only used a neutral e/s. The powder plus liner gets as close to lashes as possible; gives a close look to tight lining. It Foundation and BB blush pretty much gone. Didn't do any finishing powder; knew I'd be home by 11 a.m.

Liner comes in a set of seven. Will give black away but other colors look very wearable.

Took it off with old fashioned Pond's cleansing cold cream.