Esteemed Contributor

Re: MY BROWS: BIT THE BULLET

@Shanus

Looks like you have nice brows and the lady did a nice job of grooming them!

Honored Contributor

@TY wrote:

@Shanus

Looks like you have nice brows and the lady did a nice job of grooming them!

Oh, she had plenty of hair to work with @TY. I had some big brows...shaped, but Brooke Shields style. These more petite, but still full brows better suit my small face. Don’t know what I was so afraid of?

Honored Contributor

@Shanus  Brow looks wonderful!  So does the EARRING!  Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Shanus  Brow looks wonderful!  So does the EARRING!  Woman Wink

@Sooner Glad you like them. Wear my studs almost every day. I inherited them from a much larger aunt who had no children...Can, but shameful, to cut diamonds to be smaller. Most folks assume they’re not real. What the heck! 

Esteemed Contributor

@violann wrote:

I’m pulling out the white brow hairs with tweezers.

I’m not very vain, but I refuse to look like Lionel Barrymore, and when they’re all gone I’ll draw them back on. 

Lionel Barrymore? Woman LOL Woman LOL Woman LOL

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus- I LOVE your brows. They are so youthful looking! I did quite a job on my eyebrows when I was a teenager and was looking for nice skinny brows. Well, I certainly found them. Of course they never grew back properly, but at least there's one part of my body that I can say is skinny.

Thank you so much for sharing. Your eyes are beautiful too!!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Shanus - You - and your brows - are beautiful! Thank you for sharing your experience and the picture with us!

I had never tweezed mine, but they are not as full as yours. Mine are also not smooth and straight. I'd like to say they were curly instead of unruly, but . . .! They are also an unusual color. Ash blonde looks horrible on me, as does the "universal" color most can wear. Too dark for me. 

So I let one of the stylists at the salon I go to talk me into going to her place and getting them colored by the trendy "brow gal" everyone is going to. What a mistake! She put wax on to clean them up (didn't know she was going to do that), and I was left with half of what I started with. (I should say that I have a scar from when I fell when I was three. My one brow never grew beyond that scar.) And they were DARK. I did enjoy not having to do anything to them for a while, but that was it for me. They eventually lightened up, and I went back to my regular routine. My current favorite is Kristofer Buckle's. 

I might try to find one of these places. Yours look terrific! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Shanus

Wonderful!  Wish I had one of those shops here!  Sounds like you truly got an expert!!! I know when I was talking about my brows a bit earlier, you were saying that you did not want anyone to mess with your brows either.  I still have not gone to see about mine.  I have been in Ulta several times but keep chickening out!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@Shanus

So nice!  Beautiful!!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

@Shanus Lovely. You would be a great spokesmodel for the store!