Honored Contributor

Re: MY BROWS: BIT THE BULLET

@hellokitty wrote:

My brows have always been platinum blonde.  Not a whole lot I can do with them.  I do get them shaped from time to time.  Yours look fantastic. (You do, too)

@hellokitty. Thank you. Your brows? They can be tinted if you’d Iike. Some makeup companies have colored brow mascara that deposits temporary color and keeps them in place.

Honored Contributor

I’m pulling out the white brow hairs with tweezers.

I’m not very vain, but I refuse to look like Lionel Barrymore, and when they’re all gone I’ll draw them back on. 

Honored Contributor

@violann wrote:

I’m pulling out the white brow hairs with tweezers.

I’m not very vain, but I refuse to look like Lionel Barrymore, and when they’re all gone I’ll draw them back on. 

@violann  NO. Please get your brows tinted, anything but tweeze out all the greys...You’ll regret it.

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal....I get my brows threaded at a shop in the mall, they do a great job, I don't have a lot to work with but when they are done with me I look like I have more than I actually do.

Honored Contributor

@Nugbucker wrote:

@Shanus..  WOW. I just have to say, you are amazingly beautiful! Love your brows for sure but wow your eyes are gorgeous! And your hair- lovely too! I wish I could say I look that lovely most days, but no. I’m a makeup and hair imbecile. Lol. 

@Nugbucker  Thanks, but in all fairness, I’d just had a nap to recuperate from the time change. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mimilucy wrote:

Very, very nice.  Wish there was a BROW WIZZ near me.

@mimilucy  There are many brow places in strip malls, etc. Brows are big now. Check the reviews of a place near you. 

I asked specifcally for tweezing...no threading. 

WARNING: If you use Retin A let them know. The wax will take a layer of your skin off. A definite NO to waxing on face.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus, loved the story about your experience...something for me to think about. And - your brows look terrific!

Honored Contributor

I like your eyelashes— mascara or no?

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@jannabelle1 wrote:

@Shanus, loved the story about your experience...something for me to think about. And - your brows look terrific!

@jannabelle1  Thanks. Don’t take as long as I did...don’t think I ever had them completely “mapped out and tweezed”. 

Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

I like your eyelashes— mascara or no?

@JustJazzmom  Only 1 coat of L’Oreal Voluminous mascara in #310 Blackest Black. What makes them look thicker is the waterproof black pencil liner (Mally) in the upper waterline of my eyes...tightlining. I have no eye liner at all on my lid. When I have more time, I tightline w/ a small pointy brush and Bobbi Brown Gel Liner in black or navy (waterproof until you use eye makeup remover).