Honored Contributor

MY BROWS: BIT THE BULLET

[ Edited ]

OK, so while browsing in the mall yesterday and getting my ideas at Bare Escentuals, I noticed a new store: BROW WIZZ. I think I confessed here that I’m fearful of allowing anyone to tweeze, pluck, wax or thread my naturally full brows. Well, I stood with my nose pressed against the window and watched for 30 minutes to see if women were exiting brow-less.

Then I grabbed my credit card, threw caution to the wind and went in the store to look for my WIZZ. She did the measuring lining up the narrow makeup brush from nostril straight up...made a mark (w/ a white liner pencil). Another mark from nostril to outer edge of iris & the last mark from nostril to end of eye. She then used the white dots to connect and draw a brow shape...thank God almost as thick as my natural brows. 

She only tweezed below and a few between my brows. Then brushed the brow hairs down w/ a spoolie, trimmed w/ a scissors and brushed back in place. I was feeling like a glass of wine would be helpful at this point. 

The last step was brow powder (said I had more than enough brow & didn’t need a pencil). Obviously the look as we age (wine, please) is that the brow powder just creates a shadow of color under the brow hair so you still see some skin showing.

I emerged looking like myself, but groomed. She gave me a printed sheet of directions to follow on my own. I did not purchase her brow powder kit, but rather went down to Nordstrom for my Bobbi Brown Light Brow Kit w/ similar shades (2 Light/Med. shadow shades), brow brush, mini tweezers & a magnifying mirror in a small compact. There are other brow color kits, as well.

Mission accomplished.

Respected Contributor

Re: MY BROWS: BIT THE BULLET

I just have to say....I love reading your posts!

Honored Contributor

Thanks @Janey2. Happy you enjoyed the post....almost as happy I am w/ my “new” brows this today.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus.....how about a pic of your brows?  Would love to see the her work!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@Shanus.....how about a pic of your brows?  Would love to see the her work!  Smiley Happy

@San Antonio Gal  Brows w/o eyes or face? How would I do that?

Honored Contributor

Get hubby to snap a shot of your lovely brows......btw - loved the story!

Respected Contributor

This has reminded me to look in the mirror...will book an appointment tomorrow. I am looking a tad over-grown!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

84E53705-86BE-41C5-B03B-B91BD478D027.jpeg

Honored Contributor

DISCLAMER:  So bathroom walls are grocery bag tan...not quite flattering to skin. I had to stand in the light a certain way so not to cast shadows downward and you’d see hair, not eyes. Anyway, it takes a “set” to post any portion of your face on here. BE KIND.

Valued Contributor

@Shanus Perfection!