Respected Contributor

MUAC has a new product - cleansing oil

Makeupartistschoice.com, that is. They have a new cleansing oil and it is very reasonably priced and on sale right now. Let's see if my iPad will properly paste the ingredients. I wondered about the bitter orange. Also, lavender but it is last on the deck. Thoughts?

Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Sorbeth-30 Tetraoleate, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Ascorbic Acid, Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Flower Oil, Citrus Auran- tium Amara (Bitter Orange) Peel Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Extract

Honored Contributor

Re: MUAC has a new product - cleansing oil

Personally I don't think my skin or eyes could handle the bitter orange peel extract. It might have been okay with the flower extract but the peel sounds like something my skin would not be happy about, lol. Nor my eyes, as I like to use my cleanser to remove my eyemakeup too (one less step) if possible.

The lavender flower extract is iffy but might be fine since it would be such a relatively insignificant amount. Other than that, I like most of the other ingredients! Are you going to try it? If so, let us know what you think. Smiley Happy There are a couple of facial cleansers I've come across I was interested in but I'm so happy with my current cleanser and one of the two is pretty pricey (even though I can get a discount on it) that I am going to pass for now. Also, they always contain an ingredient or two I am iffy about. Ahhh, so many cleansers, so little time. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Respected Contributor

HD, yes I agree, the orange peel is a questionable ingredient. Even if it does not noticeably irritate my skin I worry about what it may be doing that I do not see. They tout it as, "Bitter orange blossom oil is particularly beneficial to dry, sensitive skin. It also regulates oil production and minimizes enlarged pores." Hmmm, I'm not so sure. Not to mention, someone I know has me newly very pleased with a cleansing oil from One Love Organics.

Which new cleansers have piqued your interest and why?

Honored Contributor

ack!! I wrote a big long response and started to post the other cleansers and I accidentally closed out of the window!! Dang! I really dislike when I do that!!

Anywhoozy, I was saying that the blossom oil may not be as problematic as the peel oil is but I'm not positive on that. Also, I am not real familiar with bitter orange vs. orange in terms of its' effect on our skin but I assume they would be similar since they share very similar properties. And I know we are both in the camp that it isn't so much the damage/irritation we can see but the underlying damage that we can't see that is more concerning and problematic for our skin. With obvious irritation and other outward physical signs of issues, we can simply stop the product but we cannot "see" the underlying damage until it manifests itself later on down the road which by then, of course, is too late. But I am preaching to the choir, I know. Wink My points is that imho, it is just best to try to avoid or at least minimize our use of those ingredients which fall into this category.

The other four cleansers I am about to mention I read about several months ago when I was researching cleansers but I ultimately decided upon the OLO cleansing oil at that time. I am so happy with this cleanser, as you know, lol, that I have no plans to change at this point but I have a list of cleansers I'd like to try if I need to change for some unforeseen reason. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} But I think it will be clear as to why my hesitation on these ones once you see the ingredients.

Tell me what you think!

Kahina Beauty facial cleanser. It isn't a cleansing oil per se and says it is a lightly foaming cleanser. I prefer oils but a light foaming one might be okay.

aloe barbadensis (aloe vera) leaf juice*, aqua, argania spinosa argan) kernel oil*, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil*, glycerin*, leuconostoc (radish) root ferment filtrate, cocoglucoside, coconut alcohol, carica papaya (papaya) fruit extract*, glyceryl oleate, salix nigra (willow) bark extract, lauryl glucoside, vanillosmopsis erythropappa (bisabolol) wood oil, sclerotium gum, citrus aurantium (neroli) flower oil*, chamomila recutita (matricaria) flower extract, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract*, tanacetum annuum (blue tansy) flower oil*, hydrogenated lecithin, p-anisic acid, PCA, xantham gum

*Ingredient from Organic Farming

Super pricey at $56 for 6.7 oz but I can get 20% off that (big deal, lol)

Next is Air Repair soothing facial milk.

Purified Water, Sunflower Oil, Octyl Palmitate, Glyceryl Stearate, Glycerin, Aloe Vera Gel, Capric Caprylic Triglycerides, Tromethamine Stearate, Glyceryl Monolaurate, Cloudberry Seed Oil, Heat Shock Proteins, Hyaluronic Acid, Ceramide 3 , Cetyl Alcohol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Allantoin, Panthenol, Mixed Tocopherols, Arnica Extract, White Tea Extract, Lavender Extract, Chamomile Extract, Kelp Extract, Rose Hip Oil, Borage Oil, Flaxseed Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Fragrance.

And to a lesser extent (haven't fully researched some of the ingredients in these), the following two:

Vasanti Detox Nutrient Rich purifying facial cleanser

Aqua, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Glycerin, Lauryl Glucoside, Glycol Stearate, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Citric Acid, Sodium Lauryl Glucose Carboxylate, Propylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Plukenetia Volubilis Seed Oil, Sodium PCA, Sodium Lactate, Diazolidinyl Urea, Parfum, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Tetrasodium EDTA, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Seedcake Extract, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Macrocystis Pyrifera Extract, Fructose, Glycine, Niacinamide, Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Inositol, Tocopherol

Mèreadesso® Face + Neck Cleanser

Aqua, cyclopentasiloxane, cyclohexasiloxane, rose damascena flower water, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, vitis vinifera (grape)seed oil, PEG/PPG-18/18 dimethicone, cetyl dimethicone, Bis PEG/PPG-14/14 dimethicone, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, glycerin, tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E), sodium polyacrylate, polysorbate 20, butylene glycol, phenoxyethanol, potassium sorbate, chlorphenesin, iodopropynyl butylcarbamate, parfum.

Sorry, I know it is alot! {#emotions_dlg.blush} Don't worry about responding to all of them. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Bella, I didn't mean to sidetrack your thread with all my stuff either. I can delete it and move it to another thread if you want? I want others to comment on the CO you posted about.

ETA: and thanks for the website address to that site- I hadn't heard of it before. As IF i needed another site to visit. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Trusted Contributor

I also received the email from MUAC about their new cleansing oil.

I have an oily T-zone and had a very bad experience trying the Oil Cleansing Method with olive oil in the oil mix...massive breakout.

The first ingredient in the MUAC cleansing oil is olive oil, a known comedogenic ingredient. A big no-go for me.

I suppose the cleansing oil would be great for those with dry skin. But, the addition of the fruit and flower extracts are also a no-go for me...potentially irritating ingredients.

I'm a little surprised that they came up with this formulation, truth be told.

As an aside, MUAC has a great selection of peels of all kinds. I've tried their Radiance Peel, their Fade Peel and am presently using their 8% TCA peel (lunchtime peel). The peels are so inexpensive compared to going somewhere to have the peels done and I like that I can do them myself at home.

Respected Contributor

On 7/19/2014 HappyDaze said:

Bella, I didn't mean to sidetrack your thread with all my stuff either. I can delete it and move it to another thread if you want? I want others to comment on the CO you posted about.

ETA: and thanks for the website address to that site- I hadn't heard of it before. As IF i needed another site to visit. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Oh please, no worries at all! Some of the best info comes in a sidetrack, in my experience. Plus, it's not really off track, still cleansers and I did specifically ask.

I've actually looked at the Kahina line as well. Not sure if I looked specifically at the cleanser. I'll have to take a look further before I can comment or ask any other questions.

As always, I appreciate your thoughtful response.

Respected Contributor

On 7/19/2014 Sweet Susie said:

I also received the email from MUAC about their new cleansing oil.

I have an oily T-zone and had a very bad experience trying the Oil Cleansing Method with olive oil in the oil mix...massive breakout.

The first ingredient in the MUAC cleansing oil is olive oil, a known comedogenic ingredient. A big no-go for me.

I suppose the cleansing oil would be great for those with dry skin. But, the addition of the fruit and flower extracts are also a no-go for me...potentially irritating ingredients.

I'm a little surprised that they came up with this formulation, truth be told.

As an aside, MUAC has a great selection of peels of all kinds. I've tried their Radiance Peel, their Fade Peel and am presently using their 8% TCA peel (lunchtime peel). The peels are so inexpensive compared to going somewhere to have the peels done and I like that I can do them myself at home.

ITA, re the oil.

Wholeheartedly agree re the peels! Crazy good products and deals especially compared to derms office. I've used their 40% lactic and glycolic (can't remember the %). My BFF was paying $$$ at the derm for TCA peels. I told her about MUAC and it have saved her so much money. Have you tried any of their other products? Any you loved? I've tried a few sample sizes of things and just have not been blown away. May be, though, they were only sample sizes and I did not have enough time to get a true sense of them.

Trusted Contributor

BellaCarro, I've tried MUAC's Phytocell Renewal Serum (Swiss apple stem cells) to use after a peel and I really like it. It's a watery serum, smells sort of fruity. Who knows if the apple stem cells actually do anything, LOL, but I was looking for an after-peel serum to aid in healing. I also like NCN's copper peptide serum as an after-peel serum, too!

I was mainly interested in their peels but there is a repair cream I'm debating about buying a sample of, BellEvolve Advanced Repair Cream, to use after a peel. I'm gradually stepping up the ladder with the TCA peels and think I need something a little more emollient than a serum to apply after a peel.

Their green tea bar soap is drying but I only use that after rinsing off a peel. The soap has a high pH, useful for neutralizing a peel, but is not something I would use every day.

I was interested in the MUAC Vit. C serum until I saw orange peel extract in the formulation and that seemed potentially irritating, a no-go. I'm pretty happy with NCN's Vit. C serum, anyway.

Super Contributor

It doesn't look too bad except for the bitter orange. Why companies choose to put in irritants I don't know. The do have nice peels. I tried their Mandelic acid peel and it was very gentle.