Trusted Contributor

Re: MOST EXPENSIVE MAKEUP ITEM?

I use Augustinus Bader The Rich Cream. It's $278 for 1.7 oz. and worth every penny.

I make it last for 2 months.

Honored Contributor

I'm willing to spend more on anything that might just work for me even if I do not like it.  Whatever category 

-be it skincare, makeup removal, eye makeup.  If it works it is worth it to keep buying!

Respected Contributor

I use Cle De Peau radiant fluid foundation (natura) and their concealer. I am extremely hard to match when it comes to foundation. There 020 is perfect for me. Never found anything that comes close.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ladies, how do you find correct match? Do you go to department store or Ulta or Sephora? 🤔

Trusted Contributor

For makeup, I spend a lot on foundation (EL, Lancome, Bobbie Brown) and lipstick (Givenchy).  I also spend a lot on perfume, not spritz, eau de toilet, or cologne.

Honored Contributor

@JudyL 

I need more coffee!

I'm willing to share my cold brew Starbucks Blond roast w/ sf Italian Cream creamer with you.  I'm drinking it now but I don't mind making more  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

There’s nothing high end in my collection that I couldn’t find an acceptable substitute from the drugstore if I had to. I don’t like cheap hairspray though. The last thing in my beauty budget I’d compromise on is monthly salon appointments to get my color done.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

For makeup it's mostly foundation but I have a couple of eyeshadow palettes that come close to the price of some foundations.

Skincare:  I think would be Kiehls.  I just had to return the night cream tho.  Once again (this is the 3rd time) my skin can't do super emollient night creams.  I break out.  I love the Daily Milk-Peel Gentle Exfoliating Toner tho.

$47.  Worth every penny if super hydration and softness is your goal.

Edited:  Actually some of my e/s palettes have surpassed some of my foundation purchases Smiley Surprised

Honored Contributor

@JamandBread 

HOLY MOLY!  I haven't read the other replies but I think "you win".  I'm not in that tax bracket (but I wish I was) (g)

Honored Contributor

@Janey2 

That is a brand I've never tried.  I'm interested tho.  I'm a big believer in you get what you pay for (with a few exceptions) so I'm sure the foundation is super nice.