Trusted Contributor

Re: MOST EXPENSIVE MAKEUP ITEM?

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@JamandBread wrote:

@monicakm wrote:

@JamandBread 

HOLY MOLY!  I haven't read the other replies but I think "you win".  I'm not in that tax bracket (but I wish I was) (g)

Lol. Neither am I! Which is why I make it last for 60 days!

Its the first moisturizer I have to apply only once in the morning and I'm good all day.  Am on meds that make my skin super dry and itchy. The Bader really helps.

Hey there @JamandBread .  I suffer from the same problem of dry skin because of meds.  It is the primary reason I have double dip with much of my moisturizing regimen.  Estee Lauder alone wasn't cutting it for me.  I do CerVae and a humectant to seal in moisture.  This applies to every ounce of me including face and hair.  Super dry skin/itchy, all year long.

Off topic: I will be looking into that program to watch.....Woman Happy

Hi GC- I also use The Ordinary hyaluronic acid and Cerave cleanser. I was using Drunk Elephant Lala Cream for awhile, but it pushes the cost of my moisturizer budget to nearly $200 a month, so I stopped. Priorities! 😉

@Sooner I've had laser and its just okay- not worth the cost of a series. I get similar results with an old fashioned TCA peel. I will definitely have a facelift after I retire. I still have a few years left. In the meantime, I'm trying to keep the texture of my skin in top shape and the Bader works for me.

Glad you've had luck with the laser!

Valued Contributor

For me it's skincare treatment (vitamin C) and SPF.   I don't spend a lot on cleansers, and moisturizers.  I don't consider it a splurge, but I would spend whatever I have to in order to get my Bobbi Brown foundations. It's rare for me to find the right combination of shade match and formula. 

Respected Contributor

Lancôme mascara. I've been on auto ship with the company for about two years. A new tube every three months. $32 +s/h. Well worth it. 

Harmonize the World
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

The most expensive make up is probably Dior Dream Skin-- the primer is $150, but I only bought once.  Didn't love it.  The one item I've bought many times--- the compact cushion, it's $82 

The most expensive skin care, was probably Le Mar cream which was around $300.  I used that whole jar.  LOL but I haven't repurchased.  

If I really like something and want it, I will pay full price.  My favorite lipstick is lip glow also by dior, it's around $35.  I have all the colors!  

Honored Contributor

@fairydogmother wrote:

Lancôme mascara. I've been on auto ship with the company for about two years. A new tube every three months. $32 +s/h. Well worth it. 

@fairydogmother 

Which mascara?   Years ago I used a fabulous Lancome mascara and then it was discontinued.  Of course.  Which mascara do you think is their best one now? 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

Does it have to be an actual makeup item ... or could it be an "accessory"?

Many years ago I worked for a company that was bought by a larger company and our entire location in Los Angeles was closed and everyone lost their jobs. 

However, we all got very generous severance packages .... and with mine I bought a slightly used Mercedes. 

Every time I drove that car my skin just GLOWED .... LOL  Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44   Anything that results in glowing skin counts, in my book. Lol

Esteemed Contributor

I think serums and actives are what I would spend the most on. But I have been liking the Biossance moisturizers so I will be purchasing the full size. As long as I hit up coupons and a rebate site it's not really that expensive. More mid tier price. Not drugstore but not as much as luxery. 

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@fairydogmother wrote:

@fairydogmother 

Which mascara?   Years ago I used a fabulous Lancome mascara and then it was discontinued.  Of course.  Which mascara do you think is their best one now? 

I use Definicils. It's been a staple in their line for many years 

Harmonize the World
Contributor

@fairydogmother wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@fairydogmother wrote:

@fairydogmother 

I use Definicils. It's been a staple in their line for many years 

I second Definicils. I also use a lash curler and Lancôme's lash primer. Game changer.