Honored Contributor

MOST DISAPPOINTING BEAUTY PRODUCT

I wanted a white, setting powder in a compact, for travel. I use Laura Mercier or Make Up Forever loose powder at home. A sales associate at Nordstrom recommended the NARS setting powder. 

I tried using a brush. Nothing. Then a puff...nah! I ended up using my daughter’s loose powder and returned the NARS as soon as I could get to the mall. Very inferior powder. 

What beauty product or skincare product have you purchased and been completely disappointed?

Honored Contributor

Re: MOST DISAPPOINTING BEAUTY PRODUCT

I have a drawer full of eyebrow products that didn't work or I couldnt use.  @Shanus. Did you ever find an eyebrow enhancer that you like?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I have a drawer full of eyebrow products that didn't work or I couldnt use.  @Shanus. Did you ever find an eyebrow enhancer that you like?

@Kachina624  Hi. I’m still using my IT Brow Pencil...the taupe that’s good for everyone. I think it’s the first one they came out with. I like it because I can draw lightly at the beginning of the brow, but press more firmly towards the arch and tail where I like more definition. I’ve tried all shades of brown pencils, powders and pomades & always come back to this.

Honored Contributor

Clinique Glossy mascara --  too dry.  My favorite by Origins is out of stock.  I don't understand why Origins had a 2 day sale and now they are out of stock on items.  Poor management of inventory.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Received a trial/travel sized UD Troublemaker mascara. I thought it had been used because I thought there were lashes in it! It turned out to be fibers which are supposed to volumize your own lashes. Also it was too wet a formula! Lashes took forever to dry. I ended up throwing out the tube.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@Shanus. I'm still using the Elf pencil which I think is identical to the other taupe/neutral pencils.  I've tried everything else I've heard mentioned here.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus

I find most beauty products to be disappointing. And there is always another disappointing product waiting to be tried! I could never pick a worst one. Bad products are not the ones I remember.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624:  I tried the Elf pencil upon your recommendation and I love it!

Honored Contributor

@patbz.  Glad you're happy with it.  I haven't found anything better.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 Nice to hear your rec of the Elf pencil. I’m constantly looking for a great brow pencil. So far, the best I’ve found is Anastasia (the original one that needs sharpening), but it’s pricey. I intend to try the Elf one. Thanks!