Respected Contributor

Re: MOST DISAPPOINTING BEAUTY PRODUCT

JM Milk. Wasn’t moisturizing and did nothing for me.

DD has moved from IT brow pencil to Elf Taupe. Even comes with a brow brush 

Honored Contributor

@scatcat wrote:

@scatcat  Haven’t tried the Elf taupe, but IT has spoolie at other end as well. I try to stay w/ something if it’s working or I end up w/ a drawer of duds.

Frequent Contributor

My product was disapppointing not because of the product, performance or packaging but I was disappointed because I couldn't use. It's the YSL lipstick in that most beautiful tube. Love pretty things but the taste of roses, no matter how hard I tried, simply didn't agree with me. I can't use any of the Rose de Balm lip balms, such as byTerry or Dior for the same reason. I don't mind scents and I don't mind flavors in lipsticks but something about rose just doesn't agree with me on my lips.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@scatcat wrote:

@scatcat  Haven’t tried the Elf taupe, but IT has spoolie at other end as well. I try to stay w/ something if it’s working or I end up w/ a drawer of duds.

@Shanus  I agree IT is good. ELF is $2 and was worth the “try”. You can buy 12 ELF’s to 1 IT.  For DD, the roll of the dice worked out 

Honored Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

1--lash growing products--what a joke--no results after several months so threw them out--tried at least 3 brands

2---marker eyeliner--yikes!!!

3---matte lipstick---just awful

4---WEN---gross

5---those highlighter powders

6--any Calista hair tool

@wagirl- For lash growing products, have you tried Latisse?  I started a thread recently with photos on my success with Latisse.  Just curious if you have tried it or not.

Honored Contributor

@BostonMom 59 wrote:

Bare Minerals Bare Face foundation. Constantly broke up on my nose and chin and left little dots. Tried alone and with numerous primers and just could NOT make that stuff work. I was a BM fanatic for many years and this product turned me off. I still use what I own of the line (tons) but haven't bought from them in a long time. Once Lesie Blodgett left, the line went downhill.

@BostonMom 59

If you still like the concept of a loose mineral foundation, you may like Alima Pure foundation.  It comes in many more shades than BE and has none of the bismuth that the BE includes that broke you out.

Shades include nine versions each from light to dark of cool, neutral, beige, warm, or olive.  They offer samples, too, for a very low cost.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

I was disappointed in the feel of the Givenchy Black Magic lipstick.  It must be the black rose oil  as an ingredient that, for me, just didn't work.  It felt much too oily, like a thick oil.  I just could not get used to it. 

The color and transparency were fine, but not how it felt.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

I 'm rarely disappointed with my skincare. The only skincare I remember disappointing me in recent years was Skinn's Botanilift. It didn't lift anything. And I'd bought the whole line. Didn't care for the reformulated Stem Rejen line either, but that was a good while ago.

With color cosmetics, I'm often disappointed in lipsticks, but it's not the fault of the lipsticks. I am very particular about tone, meaning the lightness or darkness of a color. It also matters how cool or warm the shade is.

Lipsticks swatch different on my arm than they look on my lips. I often think I found a great lipstick color, get it home, and it doesn't look harmonious when actually applied under everyday circumstances. But every now and then I luck out on a good one. So that keeps me trying! A lot of money is wasted in between.

I like lip pallettes for this reason. But lately, the lip pallettes I see are not in the cool medium shades I would want. Woman Indifferent Oh well.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus Yes, I did, in fact, return all of the Drunk Elephant products I bought (bought them from Sephora). Got several hundred dollars back! They didn’t quibble with me....I think my broken out face was pretty obvious! Hahahaha

Respected Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

1--lash growing products--what a joke--no results after several months so threw them out--tried at least 3 brands

2---marker eyeliner--yikes!!!

3---matte lipstick---just awful

4---WEN---gross

5---those highlighter powders

6--any Calista hair tool

@wagirl

Latisse does work.  I have been using it for awhile, and now I use it maybe every other day.

On Evine, the Consult Beaute line just had a new product that claims to enhance eyelashes.  Look at the reviews and decide if what they say is true!

Hyacinth